MSI Launches Next Generation Gaming Machines

HardOCP News

[H] News
As the leading gaming hardware brand, MSI is excited to launch a new generation of gaming desktop barebone PC’s: the MSI Nightblade X2 and MI2. The Nightblade series embody what every gamer craves for: victory. The MSI Nightblade barebone PCs stand out – or better said; do not stand out - because of their size. The Nightblade X2 has a volume of only 16 liters and its smaller brother, the Nightblade MI, comes in an astonishing 10 liter sized shell. Despite their nifty dimensions, the Nightblade X2 & MI2 both house a full sized MSI graphics card. Coupled with support for Intel® Core™ technology and smart cooling solutions, the MSI Nightblade barebone series are an excellent choice for gaming enthusiasts around the world.

With support for a full sized graphics card, the Nightblade X2 & MI2 both bring grand graphics for gamers in a small case. While the MI2 can equip up to a GTX 970 with 4GB GDDR5 memory, the X2 can support everything up to a GeForce GTX 980 TI. These graphics cards provide plenty of FPS while playing games in Full HD and in ultra-high settings.

To top it off, the Nightblade series come with more features such as support for 6th generation Intel® Core™ i3 i5 or i7 CPU, the latest Nahimic Sound Technology, M.2 SSD and Super RAID compatibility, and MSI Gaming Center software. The next generation MSI Nightblade series are premium barebone systems and will be available in the US from the middle of October.

Nightblade X2 is a 16 liter case that can fit a GTX 980 Ti, with i5/i7 Z170 chipset and either a 600W Gold rated PSU or a 500W Silver rated PSU (conflicting info on different sites).

Nightblade MI2 is a 10 liter case with some really unfortunate compromises like a B150 chipset and a 350W Bronze rated PSU.

You can do much better DIY, starting with something like the 12.6 liter NCASE M1 or the 7.25 liter DAN A4-SFX. See the SFF forum for more info.

Nightblade X2 is a 16 liter case that can fit a GTX 980 Ti, with i5/i7 Z170 chipset and either a 600W Gold rated PSU or a 500W Silver rated PSU (conflicting info on different sites).

Nightblade MI2 is a 10 liter case with some really unfortunate compromises like a B150 chipset and a 350W Bronze rated PSU.

You can do much better DIY, starting with something like the 12.6 liter NCASE M1 or the 7.25 liter DAN A4-SFX. See the SFF forum for more info.

I agree completely. The X2 is a big clunker of a case for mini ITX, and the MI2 is too limited. The amount of extra work required to do a full custom build vs. a build off a bare bones is so small that I don't see a reason to ever use one of these.

Back