Uber Hit With Lawsuit Over Alleged Sexual Assaults

HardOCP News

[H] News
Damn! We were so close to making it through the week without one of these stories.

The suit, filed Thursday in US District Court in San Francisco, claims Uber aims its marketing at young women who have been drinking but doesn't conduct adequate background checks on its drivers. That lapse has led to a number of sexual assaults, according to the 52-page complaint filed on behalf of two "Jane Does" who allege their Uber drivers sexually assaulted them.

I can't choose sides without first knowing what the accusers were wearing at the time of this supposed incident.

I just used Uber for the first time and saw an item on my final bill that surprised me in connection with this article. They charged me a $1.00 fee for making Uber safe by requiring background checks. This is in PA, do they do this in other states Uber operates in?

Maybe Uber should supply a 'cab cam' that records what goes on in the passenger area of an on duty Uber vehicle.

Guessing some of these complaints are of the type "Let's blame the Uber driver and Uber company rather then the unknown guy in the bar that actually performed the improper action." The fact that Uber the company probably has deeper pockets then the unknown guy at the bar has nothing to do with it.;)

Back