Amazon Considering Online TV Service?

HardOCP News

[H] News
What do you guys think about the possibility of Amazon starting its own TV service?

Amazon.com Inc is considering the creation of a live online TV service and has reached out to networks such as CBS Corp and Comcast's NBCUniversal to express interest in carrying their channels, Bloomberg reported.

I would be all for it if the price is right. I have always wanted to be able to watch live TV on my phone.

Prime gots to 150 a year and includes network tv.. Take my money now..

There's nothing on TV anymore. "Reality" shows stink. Every cable channel is full of bad tats, skiver chicks, cross-dressers, dirty rednecks looking for herbs, fish, bears etc. Besides that, once Amazon gets control of a lot of things watch out. Amazon, Google, Facebook etc they are all a little deformed with their Montessori, playskool think-tanks and egomania. Its always creepy to watch those twits in t-shirts making presentations while they are shown 20 ft tall on displays behind them . I only buy from Amazon as last resort. Don't want their cross-dressers shows on anything never mind my phone. Phone TV is a little nutty too imo

"live online TV service" = tons of ads just like regular live TV. This service better be free.

they could have bought hulu when it was for sale a couple years back. there was that rumor they were considering it

Broadcast TV over the Internet? Uh. How about no... wait. Sports? Yes. Get all the sports channels and take my money!

As for the rest of the garbage, I'd rather stream what I want when I want.

they could have bought hulu when it was for sale a couple years back. there was that rumor they were considering it

Amazon wants control over their content and the way Hulu works they would have very little control.

If Amazon would enable you to "Add a Series" as easily as they let you order just about anything else on the site, then i'd go for it.

Broadcast TV over the Internet? Uh. How about no... wait. Sports? Yes. Get all the sports channels and take my money!

Sports, no.
I'd be happy if I could remove all sports channels (and their costs) from my cable bill. Especially considering that the have the highest cost of any of the channels I get.

Back