Star Wars Battlefront Official System Requirements

HardOCP News

[H] News
DICE has updated the Star Wars Battlefront Origin page with official system requirements. The only thing that is stands out is the minimum 8GB RAM and recommended 16GB RAM requirements.

Minimum PC System Requirements
Processor (Intel): Intel i3 6300T or equivalent
Memory: 8GB RAM
Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Graphics card (ATI): ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Recommended PC System Requirements
Processor (Intel): Intel i5 6600 or equivalent
Memory: 16GB RAM
Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Well...
That's stiff, obviously the minimum requirements blow the current "next gen" consoles out of the water

6950's starting to look a little long in the tooth. Luckily I wouldn't be getting this game until 2+ years after release though, so plenty of time!

Hmm buy for my xbone or my 760 on E8500 with 6gb ram.....FML i need a new pc....

It's EA... I said I wasn't buying any more of their crap.

Skipped BF4. Skipped Hardline. I'm finding it surprisingly easy to skip this too.

But... it does look interesting.

But... it's EA.

But... Star Wars

But... it's EA.

It's the hardest "stick to my principles" gaming decision in a couple of years though.

If I have to install Origin, then it's much easier to walk.

that's what happens when you have a poorly coded port to PC and need bloated hardware to handle it.

I'll wait 6 months until they release the updated, working version.

Seems very excessive , 7850/660 gtx minimum? basically this game will need a real gaming PC , no casual gamers here.

16Gb for the recommended requirements is crazy. It's a good thing I went with 16Gb when building my PC three years ago but I hope this doesn't become a trend and eventually lead to games requiring more than 16Gb of ram.

Seems very very over inflated I know someone who played alpha with core 2 duo 4gb ram and gtx 460 and said it was very playable at low settings that he would not be upgrading his pc.

I'm not too worried since I usually play online fps with low settings to maximize my frames on the ole 144hz, but 16gb? good thing memory prices are falling. Does resolution affect memory usage or only vram, I'm still playing at 1080p so might be still be good with 8gb hopefully.

It's EA... I said I wasn't buying any more of their crap.

Skipped BF4. Skipped Hardline. I'm finding it surprisingly easy to skip this too.

But... it does look interesting.

But... it's EA.

But... Star Wars

But... it's EA.

It's the hardest "stick to my principles" gaming decision in a couple of years though.

If I have to install Origin, then it's much easier to walk.

At some point there will only be like 3 game studio's in the world. Could be as soon as 2020.

40GB of free space. That's pretty impressive. Fucking movie with real Hoth battle scene isn't even that big.

Have a game really using those minimum specs would be awesome, but I would guess DICE just want to cover themselves. Mind you the Frostbyte Engine looks very scalable so I would guess it will work at lower specs also. Again with the Frostbyte engine I'm not too worried about the different ports.

16Gb for the recommended requirements is crazy. It's a good thing I went with 16Gb when building my PC three years ago but I hope this doesn't become a trend and eventually lead to games requiring more than 16Gb of ram.

I hope it does becomes a trend, I want things to advance not stay stagnant. Is this the hardforum? WTF?

RAM is so cheap, motherboards can hold over 32 GB and we're all running 64 bit OSes! What's the problem?

I hope it does becomes a trend, I want things to advance not stay stagnant. Is this the hardforum? WTF?

RAM is so cheap, motherboards can hold over 32 GB and we're all running 64 bit OSes! What's the problem?

All for it. Hell, I've got 32GB in my desktop, and 16GB minimum in my laptops. I'm all for advancement as well with games. The problem is that rarely is even 8 needed in games...and that's if it's coded somewhat properly. If this game REALLY requires 16GB for the best possible experience, more kudos to them. We'll see.

Recommended:

Processor (Intel): Intel i5 6600 or equivalent

Crikey... That shit just launched.

Minimum CPU requirement is a current generation CPU? Would be mighty ballzy if they actually locked out older CPU's...

Minimum CPU requirement is a current generation CPU? Would be mighty ballzy if they actually locked out older CPU's...

No lockout, but it could probably max them out pretty easily.

Taking DA:I as an example, the Frostbyte engine uses all 8 logical cores on an HT CPU and can almost max out an i7 920 @ 4ghz.

Well...
That's stiff, obviously the minimum requirements blow the current "next gen" consoles out of the water
The system RAM seems a bit inflated, but everything else is fairly expected. The GPU requirement (7850) is pretty much what the consoles are driving.

Since the dawn of the PC the hallmark of bad programming was shoddy usage of memory addressing. 16gb recommended, clearly this game is poorly coded. 4x the system ram of a current gen video card, so clearly it isn't textures they need to cache... should never need to cache more then 1gb of audio at a time tops. Makes me wonder just how badly their coders could have botched the engine code up. haha

Well, from what I remember from BC2, DICE devs are pushed around, and aren't actually ever allowed to address core issues in their games.
Or they simply choose not to, due to complexity of problems.

16GB 'recommended' memory requirement sounds like BS...I hear the game barely goes over 2GB...companies seem to be using these requirements as sales pitches to get people to upgrade

If the game actually puts the 16Gb of RAM to good use I'm fine with that but if the requirement is there to compensate for poor coding then I'm not. This is the trend I don't want. Games requiring a lot of RAM due to poor coding.

They should have been doing this for quite some time now, to boost pc sales.

I have zero issues with the requirements. As for the ram requirement be listed at 16gb, there are games out there that require more than 8gb of ram to play smoothly. Planetary Annihilation Titans for example will commonly use up to 10gb+ of ram on some of the larger systems.If you don't have enough memory the frame rate drops drastically as the page file is used. Also ram is cheap and 16gb has been mainstream for well over 2 years, get with the times :)

16GB 'recommended' memory requirement sounds like BS...I hear the game barely goes over 2GB...companies seem to be using these requirements as sales pitches to get people to upgrade

On near-max settings in Far Cry 4 (2014), the game alone would use over 5GB of RAM by itself, not counting the OS or background programs.
I really don't see how anyone can game with less than 8GB of RAM, as I have seen some titles spike my system memory usage over 11GB before (including OS).

On near-max settings in Far Cry 4 (2014), the game alone would use over 5GB of RAM by itself, not counting the OS or background programs.
I really don't see how anyone can game with less than 8GB of RAM, as I have seen some titles spike my system memory usage over 11GB before (including OS).

I have 6GB RAM from back in the triple-channel memory days... :D I think 6 and 8GB are pretty much the same

I have 6GB RAM from back in the triple-channel memory days... :D I think 6 and 8GB are pretty much the same

Sure, they are the same... if you like eating into virtual memory/SWAP. ;)
Just kidding, use what works!

PC gaming is a lost cause for multi-plats. I gave in and got a PS4 because I was tired of dealing with shitty ports for only marginal graphical improvements.

I always go with a minimum of 16GB of memory in any system I build. My main rig was just upgraded to 32 a few months ago, so bring it :cool:.
so you need 64bit OS now? is 32bit OS dead?
For gaming, it certainly is. 64-bit processors and operating systems have been mainstream for 10 years now. The programs are finally catching up and now people are bitching about it :rolleyes:.

Back