Intel Security Releases An Enhanced Device Optimization App for Android

HardOCP News

[H] News
Today, Intel Security announced the latest update to Battery Optimizer for Android. The enhancements have gone beyond battery life optimization, the app now cleans up memory and storage, which can help boost speed and performance; it will also make recommendations on how to track mobile data usage and help boost speed and performance on Android smartphones and tablets. As consumers are increasingly relying on their mobile devices for online video streaming, mobile game play, and heavy data use, this app is designed to help them control their battery usage, improve gaming speed, and monitor their data usage – in one simple, easy to use app. Intel® Security Battery Optimizer is available at no cost on Google Play Store.

Is this just for the three Intel based Android phones that were made a few years ago?

This is compatible with all Androids, not just some Intel thing that may exist.It is saying that it's compatible with my Galaxy S6 as well as my old LG Optimus F3.

However, I'll stay away from it. The application itself is by McAfee, which Intel has acquired some time ago. I have to deal with enough McAfee "software" at work that I will certainly keep this thing off my phone.

Just installed it on my Galaxy S5.

It did free up some RAM (229MB) by getting rid of some temp files that were loaded in the background.

Also freed up 2.5GB worth of storage space by getting rid of some unneeded files.

I haven't messed with the battery saving settings yet.

It does seem to have made a noticeable difference in regards to the performance in the couple of games I play. Before it would sometimes respond very slowly unlike when I first got it.

Now it seems to be back to how it should be performing.

Yaya for the forum screwing up and double posting because it said I needed to wait longer between posts.

Decided to try it as its pretty benign. While I don't trust McAfee for security, there aren't really any decent cleanup tools for android anyhow.

My phone -
Galaxy nexus
Rooted running Cyanogen, android 4.2.2 since I haven't bothered upgrading for a while.
Last hard reset was a few years ago.

So all in all a pretty solid candidate for this.
Removed about 125mb in temp files from ram.
Removed about 2gb from storage
Battery optimizing did nothing, but given this is a rooted and modded phone. I honestly would of be surprised if it had. The only background stuff it found was stuff I want running.

Now I personally didn't need any of the storage space, I barely have 25% used anyhow. However it does work as advertised and I suspect those with oem phones will benefit even more. My only complaint would be the permanent icon it adds to the top of my screen.

Back