Acer And WD Bring BYOC To WD’S My Cloud NAS Series

HardOCP News

[H] News
Acer, the world’s fourth largest personal computer company and a private cloud solution provider, and WD®, a world leader in storage solutions, today announced that WD’s My Cloud™ NAS is now part of Acer’s BYOC™ (Build Your Own Cloud) ecosystem. Available immediately, Acer BYOC™ users can seamlessly access files on their My Cloud NAS from their PC or mobile device anywhere – using Acer’s abFiles app.

"We are excited to welcome WD to the BYOC ecosystem," said Maverick Shih, President, BYOC Business Group, Acer. "The availability of abFiles for the My Cloud platform allows our joint customers to enjoy seamless file management across their personal devices, with all of their files always at their fingertips, regardless of whether the file is on their PC or their NAS drive.”

...users can seamlessly access files on their My Cloud NAS from their PC or mobile device anywhere – using Acer’s abFiles app.

Acer's app killed the whole idea before it got off the ground. Why would I install your junk to access my files?

Back