Sprint Raising Unlimited Plans By $10 This Month

HardOCP News

[H] News
How many of you guys will be affected by this price hike? Even though it will still be the cheapest unlimited postpaid plan in the country, how do you feel about the hike?

If you find Sprint’s deal offering unlimited voice, text, and data usage for $60 per month tempting and Sprint coverage in your area is good, you should go ahead and switch right now. Sprint is raising the price for new customers by $10 on October 15, but it will remain the cheapest unlimited postpaid plan in the country even after the price hike.

How does anyone ever feel about any price hike, Steve?

Also seeing as just about everyone in the USA not only hates their cellular provider only lightly less than all the other terrible cell providers...and seeing as just about everyone in the USA feels they're getting screwed in pricing and data already...I think the answer is Captain Obvious.

Sprint doesn't exist in Alaska. I still have my grandfathered Unlimited Plan from AT&T. Though, I get throttled like crazy.

i use sprint but only pay ~$25 for unlimited text and web. only get 90 minutes or so of phone call time per month, but i dont care.

How does anyone ever feel about any price hike, Steve?

Also seeing as just about everyone in the USA not only hates their cellular provider only lightly less than all the other terrible cell providers...and seeing as just about everyone in the USA feels they're getting screwed in pricing and data already...I think the answer is Captain Obvious.

QFT

/thread

it pretty much has the same feeling as seeing milk or gas or anything else you pay for regularly when they go up in price.

i use
HTML:
<strike>sprint</strike>
t-mobile but only pay ~$25 for unlimited text and web. only get 90 minutes or so of phone call time per month, but i dont care.

Sprint prepaid. Boost Mobile and Virgin both. $30/mo, unlimited text and talk, 2GB data untrottled, throttled to 1.5Mbps after. Often have deals where you can increase the amount of data you get each month. Last month I added 2GB for life so now I pay $30/mo for 4GB unthrottled. Only pay sales tax on top of the $30/mo so that works out to about $34/mo for me.

That t-mobile plan is $30/mo for 100 minutes and 5GB unthrottled data. So it's really not that much of a deal anymore.

Sprint pays Nascar 100 million a year to sponsor them and that's just one that Sprint sponsors. Safe to say Sprint is making money hands over fist.

or reason to switch to Google's Project Fi which uses Sprint as one of the backend network providers.

or reason to switch to Google's Project Fi which uses Sprint as one of the backend network providers.

And then give up unlimited data...in exchange for using two networks which only tend to cover the same exact geographic markets...and have glaring coverage holes in the same areas.

It's bull shit. I pay for unlimited because I use slightly more than 4 GB a month... The most I've ever used is 7GB.. I'm sure that they are charging more because of people using TBs of bandwidth a month.. make them pay more...

Glad I'm no longer a Sprint sheep and getting rammed with $10 4G fee that was non-existent. This $10 increase is just part 4 of the ramming.

Glad I'm no longer a Sprint sheep and getting rammed with $10 4G fee that was non-existent. This $10 increase is just part 4 of the ramming.

You get crammed with taces and "fees" no matter what carrier you go with.

It is how ISPs and cell carriers "work" in the USA. If you think differently, then you haven't looked at your bills in detail too much.

Damn. I need to seriously get this Project Fi thing up.

My Sprint rig is subsidized. So I, personally, don't care.

I'm sure the bean-counters paying for all the Sprint plans are spitting nickels though...

I've been with Sprint for awhile now. I pay $57-58/mo after taxes,
sprint-sero-500-air-rave-plan.jpg

everyone in the USA feels they're getting screwed in pricing and data already....

You can't say this, unless you're in Ontario Canada. THEN you can feel like you're getting screwed!

$220 for 3 phones on a 2GB shared plan.

You can't say this, unless you're in Ontario Canada. THEN you can feel like you're getting screwed!

$220 for 3 phones on a 2GB shared plan.

You're getting screwed only a bit more than I.

NO ONE anywhere thinks they are getting their money's worth from the cellphone bill.

I had Sprint. Their 4G LTE was slower than dial up during the day....and only slightly faster at night. It was fucking horrible.

Here, take all you want. As long as it's from this empty bowl.

You're getting screwed only a bit more than I.

NO ONE anywhere thinks they are getting their money's worth from the cellphone bill.

Aside from Sprint's network intermittently going out on the highway, I think my $55.00 (w/tax) Sero Premium with unlimited data is pretty good. I still may switch to Cricket since it's even less and the reality is that most of the time, I use wifi, so 35 for 2.5GB is good enough most of the time.

For a business all that anyone cares about is do my shares make me more money. Fuck if they make a profit or not.

The Person i was replying to said they make money...and they don't. And as an investment (as opposed to a lucky trade), sprint has sucked for year. The current price is less than it was a week ago, a month ago, 3 months ago, 6 months ago, YTD, a year ago, 2 years ago, 5 years ago and 10 years ago.

They've never recovered from buying Nextel (and acquisition that never made sense)

Back