AMD FirePro Graphics Powers New Dell Precision Mobile Workstations

HardOCP News

[H] News
​AMD today announced that the new Dell Precision™ 3510, 7510, and 7710 mobile workstations are powered by AMD FirePro™ mobile GPUs for outstanding application performance. Mobile workstation users, especially those in the Media and Entertainment field, will benefit from the AMD FirePro™ W7170M GPU with outstanding graphics performance in the Dell Precision 7710 mobile workstation matched with almost 3 TFLOPS of single-precision GPU compute power for GPU-accelerated applications and workflows.

For engineering and design pros, Dell Precision™ mobile workstations with AMD FirePro™ W7170M, AMD FirePro™ W5170M, and AMD FirePro™ W5130M professional graphics offer a powerful and reliable platform for advanced Computer-Aided Design, Computer-Aided Manufacturing, and Computer-Aided Engineering software. AMD professional graphics are certified by leading independent software vendors (ISVs) to ensure stability and performance under extreme compute-intensive workloads.

Want to see these, wouldn't mind changing my M4800.

Firepro has been in the precision laptops for a while now. The one of the few choices that dont cook themselves to death..... cough nvdia cough

/shudder

Didn't know that was still a problem with quadro chips... Gahhh...

A number of years ago I was introduced to FirePRO cards when I had to change all Quadro cards/laptops out at a drafting studio when they were freaking out with continuous downtime, and it ended up being Quadro issues (looking back maybe related to bumpgate I guess). Been with FirePRO since for professional work.

Maybe the m6600 and up don't have the same issue, but I haven't been keeping up on them lately. The precisions have been the gaming laptop on the cheap for along time. Kids still uses my old M6300

Wow. It only took, what, 2 months to pass for dell to finally respond to lenovo. I mean the last precision m4800 was released in 2013.

Back