AMD Introduces PRO A-Series Processors

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD today introduced its most powerful line of AMD PRO A-Series mobile and desktop processors (formerly codenamed “Carrizo PRO” and “Godavari PRO”) to deliver exceptional value and performance for today’s challenging workloads. The new line of AMD PRO A-Series processors offer enhanced performance, reliability and opportunityto business users and IT decision makers and are designed for the future with Microsoft® Windows® 10. With its AMD PRO mobile processors, AMD powers some of the first-to-market Windows® 10-enabled commercial notebook systems for those looking to upgrade.

Any performance reviews out there? I'd love to see AMD sneak in a price/performance win in the processor space again.

Any performance reviews out there? I'd love to see AMD sneak in a price/performance win in the processor space again.

Considering Intel has pretty decent chips + graphics down to $40-50 ($30 on sale sometimes). It's getting real hard to beat them at their own game.

I love AMD but, all I see is marketing speak and nothing else. The fact is, I have a Surface Pro because it is fast and there is nothing out there with an AMD chip in it like the Surface Pro.

Problem is, its an AMD "claim" and you they don't tell you what cpu is in that "competitor's" laptops so all we know it could be the slowest one that intel makes which knowing AMD it likely could be since they love to pull that bs.

A comparison of what? That's an AMD marketing video.

Which part of at the end there is a comparison did you guys not get the specifications are listed.

That it is a marketing video does not mean that it is not true. That you can cherry pick things in marketing material is something valid.
Because I love you guys you get the link from me again with timestamped on the specification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUhIJmMvqOQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=88

I love AMD but, all I see is marketing speak and nothing else. The fact is, I have a Surface Pro because it is fast and there is nothing out there with an AMD chip in it like the Surface Pro.

9.81m/s fast for surface pro?

What is this marketing speak you talk about, when AMD announces something is there a case that it is void of marketing speak?

Does the surface pro have a 35 Watt TDP chip in it ? Because that is fair to AMD this is not an APU which is small enough for phones or tablets.

Which part of at the end there is a comparison did you guys not get the specifications are listed.

That it is a marketing video does not mean that it is not true. That you can cherry pick things in marketing material is something valid.
Because I love you guys you get the link from me again with timestamped on the specification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUhIJmMvqOQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=88

I'm not terribly surprised that a 35W chip stomped a 15W chip.

This is interesting for sure.

AMD can now bust into the laptop with integrated video H.256 4k encoding market and be king.

9.81m/s fast for surface pro?

What is this marketing speak you talk about, when AMD announces something is there a case that it is void of marketing speak?

Does the surface pro have a 35 Watt TDP chip in it ? Because that is fair to AMD this is not an APU which is small enough for phones or tablets.

It is interesting that you say that, I don't think AMD is able to fab out phones and tablets, but it seems that they are miniaturizing performance. So it possible they are looking to get into that market.

This is looking very interesting... Add in HBM and you have a very small powerhouse.

I had the Surface Pro 3 and loved it except for the POS i5 that throttles to single fps for 720p gaming. Useless CPU in that form factor. Willing to give this PRO A-series a try.

I had the Surface Pro 3 and loved it except for the POS i5 that throttles to single fps for 720p gaming. Useless CPU in that form factor. Willing to give this PRO A-series a try.

I doubt your going to see a 35W TDP chip in a Surface Pro sized device.

Your going to see the same issue with respect to performance, the TDP of the i5-5200U is between 7.5W and 15W, your seeing throttling in a S3P at 15W.

Your going to experience more throttling in a chip that runs twice as hot.

What would be a good comparison would be AMD PRO A6-8500B that's a 12-15 TDP.

I would be interested to see how hot that runs and how well it competes against an i5-5200U.

However, with Skylake coming out soon it kind of makes the comparison moot.

Back