Bullet Train Unreal Engine 4 Demo

Looks pretty sweet, but not sure I like the disembodied hands though.

The new game engines are getting really good.

Thinking back to Doom, Heretic, Hexen and what, at the time, I thought was awesome to what we see now.

Feels kinda floaty, like stuff don't have weight to them. But nice visuals.

Anti-violence groups are going to have a field day with this. And here we thought No Russian was big...

That is to say, I want one of course ;P

Cheesy as the grilled cheese sandwich cooked-up fifty minutes ago. They could have done better than that by showing real in-game play. Instead, they decided to do some god-mode shit that was unimpressive. (n)

Should probably include that this is a live VR demo, hence the floating hands and whatnot. Pretty impressive, considering the context of it.

The problem I have with most of these 1st person shooters was glaringly portrayed in that demo. You've got the enemy just a few steps away, and you've already exchanged fire with several, but none react to you until you actually start hitting them. They just stand there facing some random direction waiting for their turn to die. It''s bullshit. I want a game where there's at least some shred of decent A.I. involved in their responses....

Yup, not impressed. Graphics are okay. But the rest, meh.
Similar to what DoggyDaddi said, at least polish the AI if you want to push an immersive VR experience. Taking out 5 guys, stationary from a train door.. bots not looking at you.. come on.
And bullet trains look nothing like that if that's the intention.

Considering this was made for VR, its really hard to tell unless viewed with VR, so based on what i see, it looks like a fun game.

As a game its pretty terrible, as a tech demo its pretty cool.

The biggest issue is that 3D does not translate to 2D, I'm sure its really cool in 3D.

3D gaming is fun overall, and a headset is really going to drive it forward.

Looking forward to what is going to come out in 2016.

The problem I have with most of these 1st person shooters was glaringly portrayed in that demo. You've got the enemy just a few steps away, and you've already exchanged fire with several, but none react to you until you actually start hitting them. They just stand there facing some random direction waiting for their turn to die. It''s bullshit. I want a game where there's at least some shred of decent A.I. involved in their responses....

Well, judging by the disembodied hands, maybe he's invisible?

As if the AI has anything to do with what this tech demo (it's not a fucking game demo) is showcasing. The whole point is that it's a VR demo, intended to showcase the 3D capabilities of the engine, along with motion controller support.

Personally I'd love to try it out, just like I'd love to try the Half Life 2 VR demo using a Razer Hydra controller, which this reminds me of.

If this is the best UE4 can do we are in for a disappointing next 5 years,

They likely try to maintain a high frame rate for VR, which is expensive on it's own to render.

Same with their last demo. They made sacrifices for performance.

this demo is not about highest image quality, because you'll need to render a world at 90+fps to make it VR acceptable;

and if they can manage that, while the game looks like this, I would say it's very impressive

Back