EKWB Predator 240 AIO CPU Cooler

HardOCP News

[H] News
The EKWB Predator 240 is on the test bench at Legit Reviews today. If you are all-in-one cooler shopping, go check out this review.

EK Water Blocks (EKWB), if you’ve never heard of them before, is a top-tier CPU water cooling component manufacturer based in Slovenia and founded in 1999. They have strictly made components that you can buy separately and put together your own liquid cooling setup, or they sold them as a ready-to-assemble kit – until now. Today, EKWB is launching the Predator 240, which is their first pre-filled and pre-assembled solution.

Spendy but effective. If I were building a box I'd still get a big noctua

Right now in the U.S. (not sure about elsewhere) you can pick up the 360 version for a little bit less than the 240 version because shipping is free for the 360 preorder (shipping is a little over $40 for the 240 on the EK website).

*Sorry, somehow missed the line that said there's free shipping on the 240 at Amazon.

Last edited:
I recently got the Cryorig H5A and this air cooled cooler is amazing for the price..($46) I maxed out all my FX 8320 cores @stock and it stays between 50-52c mostly 51c so I'm very pleased with it.. I really can't see myself spending $200+ for this and get a slightly better cooling performance, just not worth it IMO.. It is though a good way for people to dive into water cooling without the hassle.. I'm personally still not sold on AIO water coolers.. pumps fail, and chance of leakage is possible even if it's a rare occasion.. Air coolers seem to perform quite well and sometimes even beat water coolers in noise and temps..

While I think there is a lot of value in being able to expand on the system, replace parts if they fail etc, I am a bit disappointed that it was only middle of the road on temps. Maybe you can justify it by long term usage? IF you can easily replace something or add more coolant then maybe this alone is a reason to get if over the standard AIOs

I know my Noctua Cooler will keep performing for 6 years without issue, I can not say the same for a Corsair AIO. Maybe thatt what paying the extra money will get you besides the expandability.

Personally if I am spending $200 + I want it to wreck anything else out there.

All kinds of temperature comparisons, but no noise level comparisons. :(

While I think there is a lot of value in being able to expand on the system, replace parts if they fail etc, I am a bit disappointed that it was only middle of the road on temps. Maybe you can justify it by long term usage? IF you can easily replace something or add more coolant then maybe this alone is a reason to get if over the standard AIOs

I know my Noctua Cooler will keep performing for 6 years without issue, I can not say the same for a Corsair AIO. Maybe thatt what paying the extra money will get you besides the expandability.

Personally if I am spending $200 + I want it to wreck anything else out there.

This!

Originally Posted by zaniix View Post
I know my Noctua Cooler will keep performing for 6 years without issue,
Same applies to any decent air cooler, the only thing that wears out is the fan/s, which are much cheaper than buy a complete cooling system. ;)

Just got the 360 version in today. Getting ready to install it in the front of a Phanteks Evolv ATX... :D

Any chance [H] will be reviewing one of these units??

It's a 6w Laing DDC, so super solid. To be fair, I've only had it hooked up to a PSU by itself to test for leaks so far though. Switching the fans from pull to push has been a bigger chore than I expected (you have to lose the fancy cable management).

cooling perf and noise wise it didn't really blow a full height dual fan noctua out of the water (I think that might have been the 240mm model?), looking forward to your temperatures I'm eyeing it as a way to ease into the DIY w/c setups.

Just got the 360 version in today. Getting ready to install it in the front of a Phanteks Evolv ATX... :D

Any chance [H] will be reviewing one of these units??

Nice! Hopefully we can see some benchmarks. Curious as to any temperature differences. The 240 unit seemed to keep pace with the best of the best AIO's, but at a much higher price. I guess it boils down to quality and expandability for most people with the EKWB kits.

Funny enough the 360 version isn't that much more expensive than the 240 so unless space is an issue the 240 doesn't really seem nearly as worth it.

I have the 360 version installed in the same case as Fixall and I've tested 24C idle and 60C max on my 4.8 Ghz OC, so pretty damn nice! I've only had it running just barely over 24 hrs, so between break-in time plus some minor adjustments down on voltage (now at 1.375), the max could go a few degrees lower.

I'd love to see this be able to come prefilled with a Monoblock. Depending on the pricing, a Monoblock version of the 360 might be enough to sway me to leave air.

I'd love to see this be able to come prefilled with a Monoblock. Depending on the pricing, a Monoblock version of the 360 might be enough to sway me to leave air.

But its expandable with a fillport on the back? Considering its not a "true" AIO closed loop why not just put the monoblock on yourself? or are you saying that because of the cost of the AIO + monoblock and then having to refill it yourself?

I have the 360 version installed in the same case as Fixall and I've tested 24C idle and 60C max on my 4.8 Ghz OC, so pretty damn nice! I've only had it running just barely over 24 hrs, so between break-in time plus some minor adjustments down on voltage (now at 1.375), the max could go a few degrees lower.

60C on an OC'd 6700K? That's pretty good I reckon. Did you delid?

But its expandable with a fillport on the back? Considering its not a "true" AIO closed loop why not just put the monoblock on yourself? or are you saying that because of the cost of the AIO + monoblock and then having to refill it yourself?
It is a "true" AIO (all in one), but it is not a CLC (closed loop cooler). :p

It is a "true" AIO (all in one), but it is not a CLC (closed loop cooler). :p

60C on an OC'd 6700K? That's pretty good I reckon. Did you delid?

No I haven't messed with the lid. I reckon I don't have to :D I got a pretty good lottery pick from my Micro Center. I can hit 5.0+ Ghz just by Gameboost OC, but I'm pushing over 1.4v, so for everyday, 4.8GHz at 1.375v is fine. I'll fine tune it some more this weekend and see what I can get.

Edit: 1.35v with adaptive on :cool:

Last edited:
Back