ASUS Announces Z170I Pro Gaming

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS today announced Z170I Pro Gaming, a new value-packed mini-ITX gaming motherboard with immersive SupremeFX audio, Intel® Gigabit Ethernet with ASUS-exclusive LANGuard and GameFirst to eliminate lag, plus multiple exclusive technologies to boost gaming performance — including ASUS 5-Way Optimization for instant tuning and Pro Clock for exciting new overclocking opportunities.

Based on the powerful Intel Z170 Express chipset, Z170I Pro Gaming offers superior gaming transfers from the latest 2×2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with all-new Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) for maximum speed to every connection, M.2 and USB 3.1 for lightning-speed transfers, and RAMCache for faster game loads. Z170I Pro Gaming also benefits from ASUS Gamer’s Guardian and smart DIY features for superb durability and easier, safer builds.

Little OT but could you guys do a review/article on the differences with Asus Z170 lineup , A, Pro etc .
I know A has thinner PSB, but just an overview as many are grouped in same price area .

I could be blind but where is the M.2 slot on there? Is there a child card for it or something? Article mentions it, but I don't see it.

I could be blind but where is the M.2 slot on there? Is there a child card for it or something? Article mentions it, but I don't see it.

It looks like the 2 screw down points are just to the left of the z170 chip above the PCIe slot

I can' make out the actual connector, but it looks like that is where it is

The M.2 port is on the back of the board, so all you can see from the shots posted is what zaniix indicated.

I thought this board was already out...that doesn't bode well for the time frame of the Impact.

The M.2 port is on the back of the board, so all you can see from the shots posted is what zaniix indicated.

I thought this board was already out...that doesn't bode well for the time frame of the Impact.

OMG it is on the back? I have to remove the friggin board to change my SSD out?

Time for Case manufacturers to add a new cutout lol

I wonder what percentage of people will instal the board and then realize they forgot to plug the SSD in

Nice but can I have Z170M Pro Gaming ? :)

Gene is nice and all but that price tag.

Back