Batman: Arkham Knight for PC "In the Coming Weeks"

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you that still care about Batman: Arkham Knight, there is a vague new release date and DLC details out today.

They do not mention plans to release this for the still-missing Windows edition, but do include a note saying the game will be rereleased soon, saying: "The PC version of the game will be available in the coming weeks." Here is a September Update Trailer and here are their DLC plans.

Shit nobody cares about, Volume 334, Ch 51, page 682, line 52.

Screw them.

Is the game any good? I liked the first two. Wondering if I should get it for PC, or just at a later point if I ever pick up a PS4. Does it work on Steam OS?

I have been playing it here on two machines without issue for a month or so now.

The game is mostly functional right now, although performance is quirky and the Batmobile amplifies it.
It's less broken than a lot of other games are right this instant.

Holding out for an SLI update so I can use both my 970's Really looking forward to playing through though.

Is the game any good? I liked the first two. Wondering if I should get it for PC, or just at a later point if I ever pick up a PS4. Does it work on Steam OS?

Play the 3rd before playing this 4th title.

I've been playing it a lot since the patch released earlier this month and it's been working well overall but still has issues. Certain areas of the game will cause my GPU utilization to drop to 50% or below which will then cause the frame rate to drop into the 30s and 40s. When the GPU utilization is where it should be at around 80-100% my frame rate averages in the high 60s to low 70s. This is at 1440p with everything maxed including the Gameworks features. I've got a reference 980Ti with a 680 dedicated to PhysX. It's also worth noting that when I had my card overclocked the GPU utilization issue happened more often in this game.

As for the game itself it's amazing. If you enjoyed the previous Arkham games this one is a must.

luckily I've been playing Phantom Pain to pass the time but I'm still very interested in playing Arkham Knight when it gets re-released but I have a feeling it'll be too little too late for most people who have moved on to other games (Witcher 3 etc)...and with games like Fallout 4 set to arrive soon WB/Rocksteady might have lost their window of relevancy

Whenever a good multi-platform game comes out I plan to get the PC over the console version. But there are those rare instances where the PC version is actually worse, and this sounds like one of those instances. Hoping for a good sale on this for PS4 around Thanksgiving.

Whenever a good multi-platform game comes out I plan to get the PC over the console version. But there are those rare instances where the PC version is actually worse, and this sounds like one of those instances. Hoping for a good sale on this for PS4 around Thanksgiving.

By then the game will be completely fixed, and you'll probably be able to pick it up on a Steam sale. Besides, going by your sig, you shouldn't have any issue running. Tested it on all 3 of my machines and it runs very well across the board.

By then the game will be completely fixed, and you'll probably be able to pick it up on a Steam sale. Besides, going by your sig, you shouldn't have any issue running. Tested it on all 3 of my machines and it runs very well across the board.

Yes, I have been reading various things that say the PC version improved a lot since the last patch. So if they can keep improving it then my PC would definitely run the game better than PS4. Anybody with a decent gaming PC can run games that have reasonable optimization better than PS4 or Xbox One.

But I have been burned before on games like Watch Dogs for PC. I should have gotten that one for PS4 instead because the stuttering was unavoidable and really brought the gameplay down. I tried lots of fixes and spent hours and hours doing google searches, man that was frustrating. Wasted lots of time, never solved the problems.

So I will take a wait and see approach to see if they really do fix the PC version of Arkham Knight.

works great for me on my PC.... dont see why people are having problems still? maybe its works better on Radeons?

So am I the only one on here who is getting GPU utilization issues? The game is still playable when this happens but the frame rate drop is noticeable.

So am I the only one on here who is getting GPU utilization issues? The game is still playable when this happens but the frame rate drop is noticeable.

It doesn't work with multiple GPUs. I do get noticeable FPS drops under certain circumstances but it never delves into unplayable territory.

It doesn't work with multiple GPUs. I do get noticeable FPS drops under certain circumstances but it never delves into unplayable territory.

I see. I'll try playing the game without using my 680 for PhysX since it's not dual GPU friendly. Of course having a GPU dedicated to PhysX is different than an SLI setup but who knows? Worth a shot. The FPS drops I'm getting might be the same ones you're getting so it's probably a glitch with the game or driver.

I managed to find it for sale for just under $20, so I went ahead and picked it up. So far it runs decently on a single 290X for me, though if I enable Crossfire the lighting gets all messed up & flickery. Hoping the next patch will fix that. I'd still like to have the extra cushion of the 2nd card to keep things running nice and smooth when things get busy. I also had it crash on me in the middle of a Batmobile fight. I haven't spent much time with the game yet, so we'll see how it goes. If they're planning to re-release the game fairly soon, hopefully there will be another patch as well.

I see. I'll try playing the game without using my 680 for PhysX since it's not dual GPU friendly. Of course having a GPU dedicated to PhysX is different than an SLI setup but who knows? Worth a shot. The FPS drops I'm getting might be the same ones you're getting so it's probably a glitch with the game or driver.

If you set the second card to PhysX it's fine.

Play the 3rd before playing this 4th title.

Did they ever fix the third game? I ask because I had it on the xbox and it was really buggy. At one point they made a statement saying they were shifting focus to dlc instead of fixing the game.

I honestly didn't care about Arkham Knight after that. I know a different team made it but I wasn't going to give WB the money again expecting issues like this.

works great for me on my PC.... dont see why people are having problems still? maybe its works better on Radeons?

Nah, works great on my GTX970, 980Ti and my R9-290. The nVidia guys on GTX970s might be trying to run it with the gameworks options, which does destroy the performance on those cards. I run Bats on the 970 and 290 with all Gameworks options off and it's perfect. The 980-Ti has everything maxed.

Yes, I have been reading various things that say the PC version improved a lot since the last patch. So if they can keep improving it then my PC would definitely run the game better than PS4. Anybody with a decent gaming PC can run games that have reasonable optimization better than PS4 or Xbox One.

But I have been burned before on games like Watch Dogs for PC. I should have gotten that one for PS4 instead because the stuttering was unavoidable and really brought the gameplay down. I tried lots of fixes and spent hours and hours doing google searches, man that was frustrating. Wasted lots of time, never solved the problems.

So I will take a wait and see approach to see if they really do fix the PC version of Arkham Knight.

My MediaPC is very similar to yours, cept you have the better CPU, and I have 512mb more VRAM, I'd imagine it should run fine right now with your hardware.

Back