4Chan Sold To 2Chan

HardOCP News

[H] News
Well, this should be interesting.

“I’m proud to be taking Mr. Poole’s place as the owner of 4chan,” Mr. Nishimura said in a statement. “I’ve long admired 4chan’s place on the web as a producer of anonymous and Internet culture, and look forward to continuing to grow and develop the site and support the community.”

have an overview review, i don't think anything will change. :D

Poole is going "YES YES! Finally I'm going be rich off this"

2Chan's reply to Poole "Trolllolololilol!!!! Hahahahaha you thought someone would pay for that?"

well, after gamergate the boards were all shat up by SJWs after moot replaced mods with aforementioned SJW versions. if you even mentioned zoe quinn you got banned. since then 4chan has been becoming just another hug box for non-binary people who think the human race has sixty or more genders.

well, after gamergate the boards were all shat up by SJWs after moot replaced mods with aforementioned SJW versions. if you even mentioned zoe quinn you got banned. since then 4chan has been becoming just another hug box for non-binary people who think the human race has sixty or more genders.

>non-binary

In before asexual reproduction.

You PC brah?

Sorry, your post reminded of the last South Park episode and I can totally picture the new mods being Principle PC.

they writing is a lot cleaner, too bad google translate is broken. :D

The guy who bought 4chan is a scumbag who when running 2ch:
-Site was hacked and it was discovered he was selling user info to 3rd parties
-Questionably banned users for certain types of posts (don't know the details)
-Bogged down the servers with telemetry (for selling to 3rd parties) while
-encouraging users to buy passes to make up for the increase in server costs, with post limits for free users and other similar limits. A "F2P" message board if you will.
-To avoid some kind of tax/legal scandal or some sort he passed ownership of the board to another guy, who then had him ousted when all this came to light
-After being forced out he made a copy/paste of the site, which would duplicate all posts made on 2ch onto his site, so that he could fill some contractual agreement he made with the 3rd party information gatherers.
-The new people running 2ch caught wind and blocked/disabled all of this

So the new guy is a scumbag, M00t left months ago in preparation for it being sold, and 4chan is officially kill.

----

To add onto this, within the past 24hrs, there was an exploit of imgur and/or 8ch servers that would have any user that clicked an imgur link have a double request (with an .swf file with potentially malicious code) sent that hit 8ch's servers, basically DDOS'ing them in an extremely rapey way. Inside the code was a message to hotwheels (8ch's head guy) saying "sorry we had to" or something like that. 8ch is currently hosted by 2ch, which makes it highly suspicious all together.

---

TLDR: Guy who bought 4chan is scumbag who was once a part of 2ch but is no longer

Do you know what it is or what it does? :eek:

It's an anonymous board originally made up of a collection of techies who thought they were better than everyone else and started spreading DDOS software through the board and user run IRC channels. But due to their notoriety they began assimilating with the average joe who used it to post dick pics, CP and personal information for pizza bombings and swatting. Over time the board was moderated to reduce the collection of illegal material and eventually was sent down a spiraling death into the /b/ we know to today which is just a collection of dick pics and shitty copy paste memes.

yeah, apparently the new owner is a doucher supreme, and moot sold it so he can finally put rolls of quarters in his ass.

shame.

Reading these and the reddit threads...are forums and their leadership/political drama online nerds version of People magazine?

Reading these and the reddit threads...are forums and their leadership/political drama online nerds version of People magazine?

poorlythoughtandwordedrantinc
I feel more like the guy trying to stop a book burning. Places of "free speech" like 4chan or even reddit are slowly being taken over by the corporate/government beast. The internet of tomorrow won't have anonymity, everything you say will be tracked by anyone and people will feel even more afraid of expressing their feelings and thoughts without first making sure its "approved". Some idealist/libtard (for lack of a better description on the tip of my fingers) likely sees this as a great step for humanity, "people thinking before they speak", completely ignoring the negative ramifications of such a thing. But it won't matter, cuz that same jackass will throw their PhD at your face along with their version of the definition of "free speech", which will be corporate and government backed.
I just want a place to be angry on the internet and look at lewd shit, A disconnect from reality. But I can't do that in any form of media anymore without being declared a piece of shit by someone with a distorted view of what humanity actually is.
/rant

poorlythoughtandwordedrantinc
I feel more like the guy trying to stop a book burning. Places of "free speech" like 4chan or even reddit are slowly being taken over by the corporate/government beast. The internet of tomorrow won't have anonymity, everything you say will be tracked by anyone and people will feel even more afraid of expressing their feelings and thoughts without first making sure its "approved". Some idealist/libtard (for lack of a better description on the tip of my fingers) likely sees this as a great step for humanity, "people thinking before they speak", completely ignoring the negative ramifications of such a thing. But it won't matter, cuz that same jackass will throw their PhD at your face along with their version of the definition of "free speech", which will be corporate and government backed.
I just want a place to be angry on the internet and look at lewd shit, A disconnect from reality. But I can't do that in any form of media anymore without being declared a piece of shit by someone with a distorted view of what humanity actually is.
/rant

Of course you can. Start your own. The catch is that once traffic climbs, maintenance becomes an issue, and bills need to be paid to keep it running, you'll either end up shutting it down or if popular enough look for some sort of buyout or revenue stream... only to find out that anyone looking to invest money isn't going to want anything to do with the... "crappier" conversations(based of course on their own ideals which you may or may not agree with) on whatever site you end up creating.

Wow so much about *chan I learned in here today lol.

/rant

There is still a Usenet. That is where I used to spend most of my time on the Internet back in the 90s. I only started using the web more because that is where most people migrated to. If you want freedom though Usenet is far better than the web.

Back