Major Malvertising Operation Went Undetected for Three Weeks

HardOCP News

[H] News
These guys are getting pretty damn tricky. I just don't understand why, if we have so much information on them, they can't be caught.

A malvertising campaign affecting the websites of several major companies went undetected for almost three weeks, according to antivirus firm Malwarebytes. The latest attack observed by Malwarebytes managed to stay under the radar for almost three weeks because the attackers used some clever techniques to avoid detection.

So basically having Addblock keeps me from getting Maleware?

This is true and sad, I keep telling people the industry needs to focus on making advertisements safe no matter what. But instead they just keep ignoring problems. The end result is a lot of people just block ads. And the industry has only themselves to blame.

This is true and sad, I keep telling people the industry needs to focus on making advertisements safe no matter what. But instead they just keep ignoring problems. The end result is a lot of people just block ads. And the industry has only themselves to blame.
You cannot trust anyone, and you know what that means

I did notice that some websites became unusable a few weeks ago and the only thing that fixed it in the end was blocking the ads, not going to uninstall the adblocker now.

Which adware programs are people running to prevent all this junk. I'm currently only running Windows 10 with there anti virus and running malwarebytes pro.

Back