CRYORIG H5 ULTIMATE CPU Air Cooler Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
CRYORIG H5 ULTIMATE CPU Air Cooler Review - The CRYORIG H5 ULTIMATE heatsink claims to have a Hive Fin™ Design for Extreme Performance Efficiency and is compatible with a huge number of older and modern AMD and Intel processors. Along with the Hive Fins, we get Jet Fin Acceleration™ and Turbulence Reduction. Let's however see just how well it cools your CPU.

Last edited:
Good review. This looks to not be an overclocking friendly cooler though according to the temps.

Why no Noctua offerings in the charts?

Pages 2 and 3 still have the word Universal instead of Ultimate in a few places.

Air can only go so far before you have no gains anymore. We have hit that point accross the board.

So at this point im sure there can be a reigning king of the air cooler.

Can this fit with 5820k? I am afraid it is too big...

what you mean with fit with 5820K?. it can be big for a small case, but the chip have nothing to do with it, if you mean compatible? yes, it's compatible with the 5820K.

I mean the socket size. Does it support socket 2011-v3 for Haswell-E CPUs?

Btw, my case can fit a heatsink with a maximum height of 162mm. Does it fit?
The specification on the webpage wrote that it has a height 160mm-168mm.
I suppose we have to lower the 140mm fan in order to achieve 160mm height.
But would it be too low to hit the RAMs? I am using cheap RAMs with no heatsink (Corsair Vengeance DDR4).

Last edited:
the socket 2011-V3 and regular socket 2011 are the same size, so any cooler that fit 2011 will fit without problems with 2011-V3.. your problem as you said will be the RAM clearance at the moment to adjust the fan to a lower position, so in that case you will have to use 120mm fans..

I mean the socket size. Does it support socket 2011-v3 for Haswell-E CPUs?

Btw, my case can fit a heatsink with a maximum height of 162mm. Does it fit?
The specification on the webpage wrote that it has a height 160mm-168mm.
I suppose we have to lower the 140mm fan in order to achieve 160mm height.
But would it be too low to hit the RAMs? I am using cheap RAMs with no heatsink (Corsair Vengeance DDR4).
It will fit the socket fine, but the height will be a tight fit. With the fan flush with the top of the unit it's ~160mm.

Not sure if this helps, but the H5 Ultimate can interfere with tall RAM, however the H5 Universal comes with a slim fan to avoid RAM issues (The other difference is that the top cover on the Universal is white while the Ultimate is black). Print out the compatibility tester from the product page. That should help you get a better idea of the fit.

I can't seem to find the review I read that showed there wasn't as big a difference in cooling capabilities between the two as you'd expect.

Cryorig coolers include a 2nd pair of clips to add 2nd fan of the same size the unit came equipped with, so you can grab a matching fan if you like (I did this with me H7). My mobo toggles the 2nd fan off until the CPU reaches a set temp, which really keeps noise levels down. I have an H5 Universal ready to go into my son's new PC (6700K). I'm waiting on a replacement mobo (my fault - I broke a pin - Newegg accidental damage warranty to the rescue!), so can't really comment on the unit right now.

I have that same cooler in my system and have only positive feedback. Price/Performance/Package are just excellent.

Back