Former Mt. Gox CEO Charged With Embezzlement

HardOCP News

[H] News
Damn, it took them long enough to charge this guy. Now they just need to find out where the rest of the money went.

The French-born Karpeles, 30, was arrested last month in connection with the disappearance of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of the virtual currency. The charges, which were filed on Friday, said Karpeles embezzled total 321 million yen ($2.66 million) by transferring clients' funds deposited at Mt.Gox's bank account to other accounts, Jiji reported.

Lucky him it is only Japan. They are not known for their prisons. Will probably be a field day even if he is prosecuted.

quote]Karpeles has denied the charges, telling investigators the data falsification was done for the company and he had intended to pay back the money, Yomiuri reported Saturday, citing sources involved in the investigation.[/quote]

I WAS GONNA PAY IT BACK! Uhh, ya blew it.

uhhh, this rolled off the front page of coindesk 2 days ago

Megalith, on teh job

This a$$hole should be in prison for fraud and stealing segregated client account monies. He is nothing but a fraud, thief and con artist. Fuck this asshole, lock him up and throw away the key.

Now go after MF Global's Jon Corzine and lock that MF'r up.

That doesn't make any sense. He didn't steal actual money or stocks or something of value. It was just strings of numbers that were a waste of electricity to generate in the first place and never panned out to turn into something because of all the drugs and human enslavement stuff that was going on behind the scenes until it was blown out into the daylight by anarchists.

That doesn't make any sense. He didn't steal actual money or stocks or something of value. It was just strings of numbers that were a waste of electricity to generate in the first place and never panned out to turn into something because of all the drugs and human enslavement stuff that was going on behind the scenes until it was blown out into the daylight by anarchists.

Some days you are ok, and others you go full autism. Today is a full autism day for you if you really think thats all BTC is used for. I just put $200 in my steam account from some left over alt coins i had that i converted to btc.

Some days you are ok, and others you go full autism. Today is a full autism day for you if you really think thats all BTC is used for. I just put $200 in my steam account from some left over alt coins i had that i converted to btc.

Don't make fun of people with autism. That's rude. :(

Anyhow, whatever convert this, insert that, rotate the speed switch, in, out, in, out, blah, blah, blah, run out of batteries, complain... Look, the stuff you're doing with it is all part of the clever plot by global narcotics criminals to add the perception of value to something that would otherwise be meaningless so it can act as an exchange system. If you buy into it and support it without seeing all the nefarious stuff it does, that's totally on you. I'm not gonna help you mentally justify it by being all like, "Yeah, bad Mt Gox-y dork! You stole and were a naughty-cakes!" Nope, not gonna do it.

Don't make fun of people with autism. That's rude. :(

Anyhow, whatever convert this, insert that, rotate the speed switch, in, out, in, out, blah, blah, blah, run out of batteries, complain... Look, the stuff you're doing with it is all part of the clever plot by global narcotics criminals to add the perception of value to something that would otherwise be meaningless so it can act as an exchange system. If you buy into it and support it without seeing all the nefarious stuff it does, that's totally on you. I'm not gonna help you mentally justify it by being all like, "Yeah, bad Mt Gox-y dork! You stole and were a naughty-cakes!" Nope, not gonna do it.

I...I just cant even right now.

Bravo sir!

Even when they know it's trolling, you can still get them to bite!

quote]Karpeles has denied the charges, telling investigators the data falsification was done for the company and he had intended to pay back the money, Yomiuri reported Saturday, citing sources involved in the investigation.

I WAS GONNA PAY IT BACK! Uhh, ya blew it.[/QUOTE]

gsmvoie

Back