More Star Wars Battlefront Footage

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a ten minute video on YouTube showing off more Star Wars Battlefront gameplay. Be warned, as with any online game, there is plenty of NSFW language throughout the video.

With no "Server Browser" this game is DOA.
Yeah it will sell some units to the ever mediocre console crowd but on PC it won't last a year till it's "dead".

Fuck EA. The sooner we as gamer stop buying this crap the sooner we will have this parasite off our proverbial necks.

The Star Wars crowd is like the Apple crowd.
Unfortunately it's predominantly an older crowd that most likely doesn't fit the age of this game's target demographic.

I expect sales to justify development, but not much more. The game's characters and battlegrounds are graphically very satisfying though,I will pick this up when it hits the $20 mark I think

This will probably be a 1st patch buy for me (after the usual launch day patch).

It's not often I even consider buying a game over $20 to begin with. I've decided a while ago to not buy any AAA games before at least the first major patch, no matter how amazing they appear.

Looks great and I'm in day 1. Server browser or no server browser.

Figure we need a counter to the "Worse. Game. Ever" guys.

Looks like there's no recoil, and also looks like it helps with aim and lock on.

I remeber when Dark Forces came out I really wanted to try that game pretty bad still haven't got around to it. I either couldn't find a copy of the game or I didn't have a PC to run it.

Dark_Forces_Box_Cover.jpg

Yeah it will sell some units to the ever mediocre console crowd but on PC it won't last a year till it's "dead".

Fuck EA. The sooner we as gamer stop buying this crap the sooner we will have this parasite off our proverbial necks.

IMO this option isn't as required for this game. Sad really cause I like the large player formats like battlefield.

The lower player counts and smaller maps sizes means shorter games and more hop ins/outs. So random match making is more useful vs the go old large format where finding the right servers matters more.

Also less and less server/settings customizations... the consolization of online gaming is almost complete!

I have played a bit of "Dirty Bomb" which is 16 players, I just don't really see the need for a server browser at all. I just hit a game mode I like to play... don't like the server exit and try again but rarely do I need to do that when 50% of the player base quits each round.

Get mad kid!
kjv7kip.jpg

You pretty much have no clue. Wahhh... server browser.

Click play and go. It works 99% of the time on most games.

Uggg. More Hoth.... I want to see other levels. Hoth looks cool. I'm already ready to buy the damn game. But, I'm starting to think that Hoth is the best level there or the only one complete enough to show.

I love Star Wars. I love Battlefield & the previous Battlefront series. This should be good if it's done right and actually finished (I don't want to wait a year before it's finally 'good').

Looks like a reskin of BF4 to me... Not that I was expecting more or have any issues with BF4. Just I already own that game and personally don't have a hard on for star wars. Not to mention I'll be so busy with fallout 4. Either I'll wait for bargain bin on this one or not bother with it at all.

Looks like a reskin of BF4 to me... Not that I was expecting more or have any issues with BF4. Just I already own that game and personally don't have a hard on for star wars. Not to mention I'll be so busy with fallout 4. Either I'll wait for bargain bin on this one or not bother with it at all.

What were you expecting? Have you played the other ones? Even the original mods for BF1941 were just reskins.

I think it's meant for the Star Wars fans. For everyone else, it's just the same old thing with different graphics.

You're not wrong, though. Unless you love Star Wars, it's nothing real different or new.

No Server browser that is interesting Titan Fall anyone?

My thoughts exactly.

IMO this option isn't as required for this game. Sad really cause I like the large player formats like battlefield.

The lower player counts and smaller maps sizes means shorter games and more hop ins/outs. So random match making is more useful vs the go old large format where finding the right servers matters more.

Also less and less server/settings customizations... the consolization of online gaming is almost complete!

I have played a bit of "Dirty Bomb" which is 16 players, I just don't really see the need for a server browser at all. I just hit a game mode I like to play... don't like the server exit and try again but rarely do I need to do that when 50% of the player base quits each round.

Yeah, unfortunately this pretty much cuts out the Community support of the game.

Get mad kid!
kjv7kip.jpg

Looking at your time on the [H] forums you at least have to be over 2 1/2, and judging by your comment I peg you around 5. I'm pretty sure I was changing my child's diapers just about the time you found your lil' winkee. So you best leave these conversations to the adults.
Maybe you could just let a clever jpg speak for you, you'd more respected.
And where did I say I was mad? When you reach adulthood you might realize that you can have strong feelings about a subject and not be mad.

Funny I've been running successful game servers for just about 10 years now. I've got a pretty good bead on it.
Let me guess your a CoD fan, right?

Reskin of BF4. No server browser. More meh from EA.

What were you expecting? Have you played the other ones? Even the original mods for BF1941 were just reskins.

I think it's meant for the Star Wars fans. For everyone else, it's just the same old thing with different graphics.

You're not wrong, though. Unless you love Star Wars, it's nothing real different or new.

I was hoping for something more along the lines of BF2142, that was one hell of a re-skin!

Reskin of BF4. No server browser. More meh from EA.

and BF4 was basically just a map pack for BF3. Hardline was a reskin/mod of BF3, and Battlefront is too. If they can get away with selling mods and map packs for $100+ after premium why not do it? I don't even blame EA anymore. I blame the people who are buying this crap.

Also if anyone actually wants to play a good futuristic Battlefield style shooter, try Planetside 2. It is basically everything the Battlefield series SHOULD be.

So like...the video doesn't work. They took it down that quick?

167.gif

and BF4 was basically just a map pack for BF3. Hardline was a reskin/mod of BF3, and Battlefront is too. If they can get away with selling mods and map packs for $100+ after premium why not do it? I don't even blame EA anymore. I blame the people who are buying this crap.

True, though I don't let EA off the hook. And just to show how much they love there customers, the video has been removed due to a copyright claim by EA.

Except that it is not crap to most people. Do you realize how many hours of entertainment people get out of these games? Probably less than 25 cents an hour in most cases.

BF3 and BF4 were great, the only people who seem to have a problem are then basement dweller PC gamers who spend $2K on their rig and then bitch about $60 games.

Funny I've been running successful game servers for just about 10 years now. I've got a pretty good bead on it.

You have no idea what I like or what I play. You probably want dedicated servers and not have to pay to rent a server so you can steal the game.

Except that it is not crap to most people. Do you realize how many hours of entertainment people get out of these games? Probably less than 25 cents an hour in most cases.

BF3 and BF4 were great, the only people who seem to have a problem are then basement dweller PC gamers who spend $2K on their rig and then bitch about $60 games.

You have no idea what I like or what I play. You probably want dedicated servers and not have to pay to rent a server so you can steal the game.

I would reply, but you do a great job of making an ignorant ass out of yourself, so a quote will do nicely. :rolleyes::D

I was hoping for something more along the lines of BF2142, that was one hell of a re-skin!

Yes, it was. I bought that game for cheap. I liked it. Apparently, not a whole lot of other people liked it, though...

I love BF4. Yea, it's not much different than BF3. But, I'm still being entertained with the game (PC and Xbox One). The audio is extremely excellent (gives the sub a hell of a workout), the game is fun and I do pretty good with it.

As someone who has been wanting a Battlefront sequel since SW: Battlefront 2, this looks exactly as I expect to be. Don’t get all the hate and “reskinned BF” talk. You could say that about the ones before that weren’t even owned by DICE.

Anyways, I just hope they get the online right. Battlefront 2 was a great idea, terrible netcode.

Not too impressed. Looks any other game. Stand on hill hold mouse1. I do like all the class abilities. Hoping BF2143 will be better if they do make it. I'll probably pick it up for $30. Otherwise I'll wait for Overwatch and LawBreakers.

Pretty much. Everything is a reskin of everything now, says every 20 year old hipster that thinks it's edgy and cool to make that great revelation.

People like to meet up on certain servers with their friends. I won't buy it without a server browser and I don't even have any friends.

People like to meet up on certain servers with their friends. I won't buy it without a server browser and I don't even have any friends.

Oh yea I love server browser..."oh look a map I want to play and 5 spots available" (click) "server full, now in queue" over and over.....

Absence of a server browser is not evidence of an inability to play in the same game with your friends. Let's wait and see, open beta will give everyone plenty of opportunity to test before plunking money down.

I'm sorry, but it is you that has no clue.

If this game has any chance of lasting more than a month on PC, then it needs a server browser and to allow people to actively admin these servers. TitanFall on PC...dead in a month. COD Advanced Warfare PC...dead within a month.

Although I don't necessarily agree with it, I understand the want for game developers and publishers to keep everything under their control. The issue is, once they do attempt a move like this they rarely ever keep anything in control. The only exceptions to this I've seen are MMO's, but those garner such massive budgets that the companies in control can afford to pay employees to admin. The BF4 "Official Servers" was a huge debacle, and it is only one of many in a massive list of failed attempts of Developers/Publishers trying to take control. With BF4 "Official Servers", there was no team balancing, no kicking, no banning, no administrating whatsoever other than picking out the map rotation. The only thing players could do was switch servers, and the people renting the servers had to sit back and watch as the server died and they pissed away money. The only option left was for server Admins to switch to Non-Official, Ranked servers, but that option required an active clan who is willing to front the bill and do the necessary admin work. Less than a year into BF4's release a majority of these servers were these types and the game continues on with huge popularity even 2 years later. BF3 and Bad Company 2 are also played 4 and 5 years later respectively. Granted, I'm giving examples from the Battlefield series, but all the information is still relevant for a game like Battlefront.

When you do not allow customers to control the servers on the PC Platform, several things happen:
1. Cheaters/Hackers are not dealt with. Tools like Punkbuster, EA's Fairfight, Valve's Anti-Cheat barely work. On the console side, there is less ability for players to tamper with game code, thus the few cheats that exist occur much less frequently. Sometimes there are game breaking exploits that may take the developers weeks or months to fix. Having active admins and third-party tools (like ProCon) to combat these issues helps tremendously, even on the console side. Given that this game is made by DICE on the same game engine as BF3/4, I am willing to bet there will be cheats/hacks within days of release.
2. You severely limit the ability of people to actively select specific maps and gametypes. If I want to go into a server that does 24/7 XYZ map, I should be able to do so. If I want to join a server that does not play a certain largely hated map, I should be able to do so. If I want to join a server that only allows certain weapon types, I should be able to do so. These issues can be slightly mitigated by more in game options, but customers always want more than developers can or want to provide.

Looking at your time on the [H] forums you at least have to be over 2 1/2, and judging by your comment I peg you around 5. I'm pretty sure I was changing my child's diapers just about the time you found your lil' winkee. So you best leave these conversations to the adults.
Maybe you could just let a clever jpg speak for you, you'd more respected.
And where did I say I was mad? When you reach adulthood you might realize that you can have strong feelings about a subject and not be mad.

YouMad.jpg

Because it's a BLASTER. This means the EM energy is packetized, which itself requires an electromagnetic field. If you're using magnets, you will have recoil. :cool:
You are bringing science into a genre where spacecraft move through space like they are flying through an atmosphere, there are plasma swords that can cut through anything and never run out of power, and people have telekinetic powers granted to them by parasitic bacteria.:p

That being said, the blasters do have some amount of deviation in them.

Pretty much. Everything is a reskin of everything now, says every 20 year old hipster that thinks it's edgy and cool to make that great revelation.

I'm 30 and too nerdy to be a hipster, sorry. I don't even have skinny jeans or a bad beard.

There's nothing "edgy" or "cool" about pointing out a game series I once loved has gone down the toilet. It's just a disappointment more than anything. They actually aren't bad games either, they just aren't different enough to be worth $110 IMO. BF1942 mods were $0.

Back