Ex-Tesla Worker Charged With Posting Confidential Material On Web

HardOCP News

[H] News
You can get five years in prison for pulling temper tantrum crap like this? Damn, I hope it was worth it.

A former Tesla Motors engineer has been charged in federal court with felony computer intrusion for allegedly accessing his manager's email account, sharing employee evaluations with others and posting confidential information on the Web. Nima Kalbasi, a 28-year-old Canadian, then "tried to harm Tesla's reputation and credibility by making false and misleading comments," the Federal Bureau of Investigation said in a statement on Thursday.

That's a surefire way to end a career alright... What the hell was he thinking?

Tesla does a good enough job harming its reputation without the help of disgruntled employees. I mean, all someone really has to do is mention the number of houses that have burned to the ground, the number of people burned to death in their cars, or the vast number of random meteors that have caused damage to the planet since they went into business and pretty much everyone but the drooling fans would just nod their heads sagely in agreement that the company is being secretly managed by undead Mayan robo-lawyers who are working hard to make sure their cat overlords are happy with the divorces people get over car loans are to their liking.

Would need to know what kind of confidential info he posted. The east it reads, it sounds like stuff related to evaluations, raises etc. To that end, honestly this is really excessive.

According to some on this site, Tesla should have treated him better.

Tesla is a terrible company to work for as an engineer. Their turnover is very, very high because the company culture involves working 80 hours a week for eternity without any regard to family life or mental health.

Tesla is a terrible company to work for as an engineer. Their turnover is very, very high because the company culture involves working 80 hours a week for eternity without any regard to family life or mental health.

And people think I'm crazy in my opinion thinking Tesla sucks. I get that they make all-electric cars but Elon Musk.. come on, how do you like that guy?

^^^ while expecting you to take 70% of the market rate for engineering salary in the area.

Back