YouTube Gamers Are Mad At Jimmy Kimmel

HardOCP News

[H] News
Gamers sending Jimmy Kimmel death threats? I wonder if he is going to flee his home and start taking donations to "help" him cope with this injustice. :D

Last edited:
... Not death threats, unless he gets other ones. They all just seem to tell him to die, not saying they're gonna kill him.

Not a particular fan of Jimmy Kimmel, myself.

The problem with people like this, is that they help make things worse.

Yes it is ok to be upset with something that somebody says or does, but when you turn around and act in ways like this you are only proving anything bad said about you. Just like any minority group that is be bad and they turn around and respond with violence. That isn't helping anything.

When people say that gamers or "internet people" are bad and we turn around and pick up our pitch forks and start burning down houses... we aren't doing anything but proving them right. And in this case it is giving him ammo for his show.

When people say that gamers or "internet people" are bad and we turn around and pick up our pitch forks and start burning down houses... we aren't doing anything but proving them right. And in this case it is giving him ammo for his show.

I think it's a case of chicken or the egg. I mean, people have always said bad things about gamers, and that's before they went nuts, so it doesn't seem like it's much different. People may be able to reaffirm their beliefs but the people who do, don't bother to look at the other side in any other way anyway.

Kimmel is an idiot... "I can't comprehend people watching other people play video games"

He's probably around my age (give or take some time) you telling me he never went over to a friends house, or some family member with older cousins, and people were playing nintendo and you just watch them play? Sometimes because they were so good they could play a while, sometimes because they were dicks and never gave you a turn.

People went too far with the death threats but he deserves the down vote.

I honestly don't understand why people watch people play games over the internet. I don't get it. I'm 30 and I just don't get it. I rather be playing them.

I honestly don't understand why people watch people play games over the internet. I don't get it. I'm 30 and I just don't get it. I rather be playing them.

I don't get people watching sports either... it's just what some people enjoy. Some enjoy golf, some enjoy football. I happen to enjoy video games.

I don't get people watching sports either... it's just what some people enjoy. Some enjoy golf, some enjoy football. I happen to enjoy video games.

Right. However, you can play a video. It isn't exactly easy to setup to play a sport. Requires a bunch of people and physical conditions.

Watching some random person play something you could very well be doing is odd to me. And, before someone mentions "well, do you watch friends play?" No. that's boring too...but, at least, I know the actual person.

My friend livestreams games and it's the stupidest fucking thing.

jimmy Kimmel finally getting to see Idiocracy in action. Welcome to the decline dude.

Right. However, you can play a video. It isn't exactly easy to setup to play a sport. Requires a bunch of people and physical conditions.

Watching some random person play something you could very well be doing is odd to me. And, before someone mentions "well, do you watch friends play?" No. that's boring too...but, at least, I know the actual person.

My friend livestreams games and it's the stupidest fucking thing.

Don't disagree with people doing it or hate on it specifically, but yeah, as much as I love gaming personally this is pretty much my opinion on it as well.

I only remember him from the few minutes I saw of The Man Show, pre-2000. He reminded me of this kid I went to school with we all called "The Chode". I felt a little sorry for him.

The comments are stupid but Kimmel is getting out of touch. You can grow old gracefully and realize you may never connect with an upcoming generation or decide not to.

Don't disagree with people doing it or hate on it specifically, but yeah, as much as I love gaming personally this is pretty much my opinion on it as well.

People are free to do whatever. I just think it's mildly stupid. However, do what you want.

Even some of the "upcoming generation" think watching people play the exact games we could be playing to be a little weird.

He really isn't out of touch. He just has different interests than the mouthbreathers that do enjoy this.

sending someone a death threat over video games is just about as dumb as watching strangers livestream for hours on end.

esports are also lame.

get off my elawn.

The problem with people like this, is that they help make things worse.

Yes it is ok to be upset with something that somebody says or does, but when you turn around and act in ways like this you are only proving anything bad said about you. Just like any minority group that is be bad and they turn around and respond with violence. That isn't helping anything.

Oh, please! Like all professional bullshitters, he cherry picks from the 10% of extreme comments to boost his ratings, while ignoring 90% of level headed criticism. This is not a gamer problem nor an Internet problem. This is click baty media problem.

Also, "get cancer and die" or "hope you get AIDS" aren't death threats!

See, in the old days someone would have just started a JimmyKimmeldiediedie board ... now we get videos and downvotes ... technology :D

Kimmel is an idiot... "I can't comprehend people watching other people play video games"

He's probably around my age (give or take some time) you telling me he never went over to a friends house, or some family member with older cousins, and people were playing nintendo and you just watch them play? Sometimes because they were so good they could play a while, sometimes because they were dicks and never gave you a turn.

Because I didn't get a turn? Sure. because i was waiting for my turn? Definitely. Watching for entertainment? Never. I've tried watching the [H] team races, and as great as those games look, I couldn't make it past a few minutes. It did make me want to buy a wheel, peddles and a racing game.

Oh, please! Like all professional bullshitters, he cherry picks from the 10% of extreme comments to boost his ratings, while ignoring 90% of level headed criticism. This is not a gamer problem nor an Internet problem. This is click baty media problem.

Level headed criticism isn't funny and his job is to be funny. I don't really care for his show, but even bad comedy is still a lot better than most click bait stuff.

esports are also lame.

Agreed. Its at the bottom of the barrel in terms of gaming. And the people get defensive and yap about how much strategy, tactics or skill can be used in many of these "competitive' games when in reality many of them are simple as can be.

I don't know why people have to argue with him about that. You don't understand the reason if you are a gamer. It's the same for other hobbies as well.

Level headed criticism isn't funny and his job is to be funny. I don't really care for his show, but even bad comedy is still a lot better than most click bait stuff.

That's ok, but don't make this a gamer, gamer's culture, the Internet, or similar BS issue.

Oh, please! Like all professional bullshitters, he cherry picks from the 10% of extreme comments to boost his ratings, while ignoring 90% of level headed criticism.
90% level headed criticism? Even if there wasn't gamer nerdrage, just the fact that it's Youtube comments means at least 66.6% of the comments are pure idiocy.

I watch the occasional Let's Play, because I'm actually too lazy to play some games myself. Awesome games I do play, but most games aren't awesome and I like to just skip ahead the boring parts.

E-sports though, that's something I don't grasp.
But I don't have too.
We have always lived in a world where people got paid disproportionate amounts of money for seemingly stupid things:
Tiger Woods got rich off Golf, for crying out loud. The entire cast of Jersey Shore would be working at a fast food joint in a just world. Kim Kardashian somehow is a millionaire, so is Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Even if we go less ridiculous: LeBron James, Tom Cruise, Rihanna. Why are they more deserving of fame and fortune than PewDiePie?

90% level headed criticism? Even if there wasn't gamer nerdrage, just the fact that it's Youtube comments means at least 66.6% of the comments are pure idiocy.

Fine, then it's a Youtube commenters' issue.

Ain't that the truth.

But I don't have too.
We have always lived in a world where people got paid disproportionate amounts of money for seemingly stupid things:
Tiger Woods got rich off Golf, for crying out loud. The entire cast of Jersey Shore would be working at a fast food joint in a just world. Kim Kardashian somehow is a millionaire, so is Stone Cold Steve Austin.
?

I"m pretty sure Kim Kardashian was always rich. Her dad was a successful lawyer, her step dad was Bruce Jenner, who wasn't poor. Add to that that she apparently started off hanging with Paris Hilton, who doesn't hang with poor folk and it's safe to say she had plenty of money.

This is extreme heckling by viewers.
and it's the best proof that tons of video gamer/watchers are antisocial basement psychopaths.

Seriously though, as a kid, I used to watch other kids play arcade games, mostly because I sucked at them and had no quarters left.
This is just another way of doing the same shit.

I watch the occasional Let's Play, because I'm actually too lazy to play some games myself. Awesome games I do play, but most games aren't awesome and I like to just skip ahead the boring parts.

But I don't have too.
Even if we go less ridiculous: LeBron James, Tom Cruise, Rihanna. Why are they more deserving of fame and fortune than PewDiePie?

He's not making fun of the people posting videos.

It's the minions watching. I would suggest esteem and psychological issues are rampant in this community.

Back