Ashley Madison Insists It’s Not a Scam

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ashley Madison wants you to believe that its service has had "hundreds of thousands" of new sign ups since it was hacked. I totally believe them. I mean, why would they lie? :rolleyes:

Over the past week, Ashely Madison says it's seen "hundreds of thousands" of new sign ups, including almost 87,600 women. That's surprising for a few reasons, not the least of which being that hackers the other week exposed private information on the site's existing 37 million users, and you'd expect no one to trust the site after that to properly facilitate discreet affairs.

I believe it. Bill Clinton isn't the only one who gets a thrill out of the possibility of being caught.

I believe it. Bill Clinton isn't the only one who gets a thrill out of the possibility of being caught.

Women don't have to use websites if they want to have an affair. They just go out into public, flirt with any guys they come across and go from there. AM wants the dipship males that pay for their website to think otherwise.

More reason to believe it was an inside job.

The publicity (free advertising) from this fiasco is off the chart. I can no longer count the amount of people who have approached me saying things like, "did you hear about that cheating date site that got hacked? blah blah blah"

Strangely, I believe that while they were a scam, these are likely real women that have signed up for the service now after all the hoopla. Probably the same women who want to marry convicts they see on TV after they rape and mutilate a bunch of women. Have fun hooking up with those crazies, Ashley Madison users.

I wouldn't be surprised. Mostly if it's used as a front for prostitution. Anyone on the site already have obviously acknowledged they are looking for sex. Just lure them in and make money. It's already skirting morality for some people.

/I personally think sex between consensual adults is there business. So I don't care.

How many of the **new** sign-ups are people who cancelled their current account(s) then signed-up with a new account under a different name?

Right... let me sign up and risk having my data exposed in another leak after a debacle from the first leak and risk my marriage...

You doubt the stupidity of people wanting to get a nut off with someone other than their SO??? Blasphemy!!! :p

Right... let me sign up and risk having my data exposed in another leak after a debacle from the first leak and risk my marriage...

?Burnt wives looking for vengeance? (I'm assuming that they wouldn't be dumb enough to sign up 87,000 fake accounts when they are already in legal hot water)

Using Ashley Madison was never a good idea and after the leak, only a complete idiot would use it now.

I'd buy they had a huge surge, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that 87,600 women just signed up to search for their significant others profiles and to see if they're still active...

Back