Razer Wants To Sell You A $150 Controller For Xbox One

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
If you are an Xbox One gamer who thinks one overpriced controller is not enough, you’re in luck, as Razer has just announced their own version of Microsoft’s Elite controller—the Razer Wildcat. Like the Elite, the Wildcat gives gamers additional input options, but it lacks the swappability of the thumbsticks and paddles that Microsoft's version allows.

Every button on the controller can be bound to whatever input you choose, and the controller sports a "quick control panel" that allows you to quickly switch between different profiles. These can each have a different button configuration setup for various games.

Probably not as comfortable as a real xb1 controller hard to do any better than that as a 3rd party who wouldn't be able to copy the shape 100%.

The creases down the sides of the rubber grips look downright uncomfortable.

Why does the PS4 not get shit like this? Is it not the #1 console by a good margin? Are tournaments not using them? This day in age it seems odd that the X1 is what's targeted with stuff like this.

This is classic marketing 101. Perceived value through inflated price. Consumers rarely know the production cost of services or goods.

There is this narrow window that teens and young adults who do not have the wisdom / life experiences that can and will fall victim to these type of consumer marketing who will spend the $165+ w/ tax.

At the end of the day, the orginal controller is more than good enough.

This price would never work on an adult over 35 in general.

Razer build quality is the worst, Chinese junk probably built in the same factories they churn out counterfeit crap from. Just check out their last controllers review, the Sabertooth, on Amazon.

It would look awesome with a DX racer chair and Siberia V2 headphones, with Gunnar topic glasses. /Fail

Uglier and with less options than the Xbox One Elite controller at the same price? It's sure to sell like lumpy day-old hotcakes.

Probably not as comfortable as a real xb1 controller hard to do any better than that as a 3rd party who wouldn't be able to copy the shape 100%.

Yup. Microsoft already sells me the world's best console controller. It is hard to improve on near perfect. For $150, these guys are high.

The green rubber grip accessories are clearly optional. Razer did the same thing with the SaberTooth's analogs. I appreciate the rubber accessories' functionality, but maybe not so much the color. Without using all the accessories, the Wildcat looks just like any other xbox one controller.

The pricetag is right there with Microsoft's Elite. Since we (the masses) don't know how either of them actually perform, I'd say the jury is still out on that.

I have no problem paying $150 for a gamepad, as long as the product justifies the expense. This is 2x the cost of the SaberTooth, which is already a damn good 360 controller. I have to admit, Microsoft's Elite looks better than the Razer Wildcat on paper. Microsoft also engineers their stuff to last.

Imo, it's nice to have options.

Don't have an XB1 yet, but with the 360 I just threw kontrol freeks on the default controller. Worked for me--probably will just do the same with this generation.

Wow... I like the look of Microsoft's elite gamepad better... Even then, the stock gamepad is good enough for me.

At $150 USD, these will be right around $200 CAD which is exactly half the cost of a new console (that also comes with a stock controller). Just doesn't make sense to me.

Also, I bought a Razer Naga Epic... It is epic allright... an epic POS. Took 2 years for the software to get fixed enough that it doesn't freeze or crash all the time, the battery life is horrinle, the wireless disconnects randomly, a piece of black plastic that is glued to the side of the clear lighted scroll wheel, started peeling away after a month r so...

I replaced my Naga epic with a Logitech G700s and couldn't be happier... Razer makes overhyped junk peripherals with high price tags. I won't buy their products again in the forseeable future.

Razer build quality is the worst, Chinese junk probably built in the same factories they churn out counterfeit crap from. Just check out their last controllers review, the Sabertooth, on Amazon.

Perhaps for the Sabertooth it was, but I had the predecessor to that one and it was great. It breaking was totally my fault, not the quality of the build. I'm also typing this on a Blackwidow keyboard that is very well built. No issues with the build quality on it whatsoever.

$150 controllers, $250 keyboards, $1000 graphics cards... Something is definitely going wrong these last few years.

Perhaps for the Sabertooth it was, but I had the predecessor to that one and it was great. It breaking was totally my fault, not the quality of the build. I'm also typing this on a Blackwidow keyboard that is very well built. No issues with the build quality on it whatsoever.
My Razer Diamondback from 2005 is still going strong as my main mouse. Only complaint is that Razer stopped making them. :mad:

It would look awesome with a DX racer chair and Siberia V2 headphones, with Gunnar topic glasses. /Fail

lu4b.jpg

I wish Corsair would make a controller...an RGB one at that...with a normal D-Pad....Right now our only options are XB360, XBOne or a Logitech G-series controller....yeah, I could also use Sony's and Nintendo's but I'd prefer to stay with controllers that natively work in windows.

After the recent performance at EVO, Razer probably should think about cutting prices.

It looks like one of those cheap Madcatz Xbox controllers that retailed for $20 and were hugely inferior to the real ones.

Yeah I agree. I bought a razer xbox controller a few years ago without doing research on it. Bad idea because it came with half the buttons broken. I was going to use the warranty on it but after looking around and searching on newegg and amazon reviews that it was common. I threw it away and took the loss rather than going through RMA hell and shipping costs.

Back