NVIDIA GeForce Windows 10 355.80 Hotfix Driver

I'm sure it will work great, until Windows 10 "updates" it to a previous, broken version again!

I'm sure it will work great, until Windows 10 "updates" it to a previous, broken version again!

I'm still on Win8.1 but Windows Updates wants me to update drivers for both GTX580 and GTX780. It literally wants me to download the same driver twice. I used to have GTX580 but now have GTX780 and I guess there is some file remnant that makes WU think I have both cards installed.

Virtual memory?

Like the swap file?

I rub SLI, but I've never noticed it.

That being said my Desktop has 64GB of real ram, and not an abundant amount of free disk space, so I figured it was better to disable the swap file all together.

Heyyo,

Tbh? Never had that problem with GPU drivers, only sound drivers from Creative Labs... but their latest driver fixed the problems that their second or third version of Windows 10 drivers created. Crackling sound was annoying.

Zarathustra[H];1041822364 said:
Virtual memory?

Like the swap file?

I rub SLI, but I've never noticed it.

That being said my Desktop has 64GB of real ram, and not an abundant amount of free disk space, so I figured it was better to disable the swap file all together.

NVIDIA's WDDM 2.0 driver does some weird system memory sharing in SLI setups... in 353.60 NVIDIA fixed it... kind-of anyways where it would stop using shared system memory in DirectX 11 games which allows us to retain performance instead of terrible framerate drops to 10fps when it starts using the shared system memory over the dedicated VRAM.

The problem though is some games didn't register that change in the driver I guess and would then give some people crashes saying "out of memory" which is what this hotfix driver aims to fix.

I've not encountered this issue in any games, but meh, to be safe I still installed it.

I'm still on Win8.1 but Windows Updates wants me to update drivers for both GTX580 and GTX780. It literally wants me to download the same driver twice. I used to have GTX580 but now have GTX780 and I guess there is some file remnant that makes WU think I have both cards installed.

Not - both cards now use the same driver in Windows 10. (The Windows 10 WHQL driver series now covers *all* nVidia GPUs back to Fermi - including successors to Fermi Kepler and Maxwell (from original/Baby Maxwell to Maxwell 2.x) and the mobile variations thereof.) Also, 355.80 is not a Windows 10 driver, but an 8.1 driver (the Windows 10 driver is 355.60 - with a hotfix for Insider builds 10525 and 10532 that comes via GFE, not WU). It's why I can upgrade from Fermi to Maxwell directly and not changes driver before OR after.

Back