'Spam King' Guilty Of Posting 27M Facebook Messages

HardOCP News

[H] News
Considering this guy's record, he should thank his lucky stars he's only facing three years in prison.

Sanford Wallace, aka "the Spam King," aka "Spamford Wallace," admitted that he unlawfully accessed over 500,000 accounts on the network between 2008-9 in violation of a court order. This is far from his first rodeo -- Sanford was annoying consumers well before the internet came along, when he sent junk faxes in violation of laws enacted in 1991. Since then, he's faced lawsuits for email spamming, multiple-window launching (remember that?) spyware scams and MySpace phishing, to name a few.

One of these days our legal system will be revamped to take into account the magnitude of the damage done by the offender, as opposed to not just the type of offense committed.

Wow. Given his track record, I'd say he doesn't care. He probably makes enough money that the 3 years in min security is worth it.

If he'd been caught with a small amount of heroine he'd be in jail for 15 years.

Just wait until he finds out that when the prison population pokes you it isn't just a transfer of computer bits on the internet :p

Fuck those fax spammers. It is beyond annoying.

Plus it costs the receiver money.

Should go to jail just for spamming fax machines alone.

This is the kind of guy I'd love to just kick right in the crotch, once for every single spam he sent out.

This is the kind of guy I'd love to just kick right in the crotch, once for every single spam he sent out.

That would take a ballsy prosecutor to get that sentence! Or he could hand write out apology letter to each person who got spam. He would be there for life.

Back