ASUS Announces World of Warships Exclusive Partnership

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS today announced an exclusive partnership with Wargaming to offer purchasers of selected ASUS gear free World of Warships in-game content, doubloons and all the privileges of Premium Account access. ASUS is Wargaming’s global gaming-hardware partner.

Deals on offer include an exclusive Mablehead cruiser, plus up to 1,000 doubloons and 30-day Premium Account worth up to US$25 with selected ASUS gaming desktops and gaming laptops. Purchasers of selected ASUS motherboards and graphics cards will qualify for a Diana cruiser, along with 15 days of Premium Account privilege; while a Tachibana-class destroyer and 15 days’ Premium Access is available to buyers of selected gaming sound cards and displays

Many ASUS and ASUS ROG peripherals like gaming mice and keyboards also entitle new purchasers to free World of Warships Premium Account access for seven days; while gaming headset buyers receive the Tachibana destroyer. Purchasers of qualifying ASUS and ASUS ROG gaming gear must claim their rewards via a redemption code. The redemption period begins today and continues until 20th January 2017, and is available worldwide (except China). Full details of the exclusive partnership, qualifying purchases, redemption process and validity period are available at asus.com/event/.

It's a shame, I would really like the world of games if you could actually pay them without pay to win.

Soooooo, you're saying I just wasted my time with the installation then :(

Obviously someone hasn't played in a while as it is no longer pay to win and hasn't been for some time.

Obviously someone hasn't played in a while as it is no longer pay to win and hasn't been for some time.

Are certain tanks, ships or planes still locked behind a paywall? Yes? Then it's pay to win and it ruined what could of been great games.

Are certain tanks, ships or planes still locked behind a paywall? Yes? Then it's pay to win and it ruined what could of been great games.

Just because all ships aren't unlocked, doesn't mean it's pay to win... Most of the premiums are barely better than similar ships of the same tier. A good player/team makes far more difference than having premium ships....

Also, the game is free and there are no subscription fees... How do you think the developers make money? It's not like it's a 60$ game that requires more money to unlock content....

Are there certain premium ships/tanks that you have to pay for yes. Are they the top ships/tanks you can get no. There are only a few premium ships/tanks in either game that you have to pay for and that is only if you want to get them to help you earn more credits faster else the rest of the game is free and none of the top vehicles are ones you have to pay for. Again you aren't playing and you don't know so don't declare it is pay to win. Paying only helps you move a little faster up the trees or gain more in game currency to buy things but you can do all of that for free as well, just takes longer.

Doc they have gold ammo but they have nerfed it down so much it doesn't make that huge a difference anymore.

It's a shame, I would really like the world of games if you could actually pay them without pay to win.

Well um...

-Games are supposed to be for fun so there's no need to win anyway.

-If you really want to win so badly (not that it means anything), then maybe you should consider spending a little bit of money.

-Some people have a lot of money and not a lot of time so they just pay for things. There's no reason to be jealous of people with more disposable income.

I play World of Warships. Never played WOT. That being said, certain ships are indeed only available to buy. These ships are typically variants of existing ships, and do not perform as well as a fully upgraded version of it's root class. In fact, many of the premium ships suffer from the same problems as the root class they derive from and are more difficult to play as a result.

Since you don't k of what pay to win is you should perhaps educate yourself on said topic before you type any more idiotic statements.

Um, you can.

For the uninitiated, there are ten "teirs" of vehicles, think of them as levels in other games.

I started with World of Tanks a few years ago and I wasn't paying for a premium account or buying any of the premium tanks and I was doing fine until I reached teir 8. When I got to T8 it seemed like I was always broke, I couldn't make enough silver to keep my tanks repaired and in ammunition. I would have to play teir 5 and 6 vehicles to make money and fix the higher teir tanks and after awhile I got tired of that crap and sold those 8s and started playing teir 3 through 7 only.

Now I must say, I had a blast playing low teir. Teir 5 and below is just as fun as high teir, hell, more fun to me with the exception of missing out on Clan Wars. but Clan Wars isn't a necessity, the tournaments are frequently held at lower teirs and even offer you good opportunities to make decent gold. Truth is, you don't have to pay to have a bunch of fun in WoT.

Later I wound up in a clan, started paying for a premium account and once I started paying for premium I did much better, I have more then enough silver, hell I have over 90 tanks now in my garage. Soon enough I'll probably stop paying for more premium time and just coast with what I have and enjoy low teir mostly.

And if you think Premium Tanks in WoT is "Pay to Win", you are mistaken. Most premium tanks are less capable then their non-premium counterparts. They do earn more exp for the crews and more silver earned. They're primary purpose is crew training for high teir vehicle crews. I learned the real value of premium tanks when I found that grinding a teir 10 tank crew in a teir 7 or 8 premium was much easier and actually profitable where doing it in the teir 10 itself was fiscally unsound.

You misunderstand the use of "premium" ships/tanks in WoW and WoTs.

They are not Pay to Win. But they do have an effect on your ability to raise high end commanders and vehicle crews.

In WoT, Premium Tanks allow you to grind/train high teir tank crews without going broke. The tanks do not perform better then non-premium vehicles although some are not too bad overall, but they frequently have serious weaknesses easy to exploit for those who learn what to look for.

In WoW, premium Vehicles allow you to train Commanders of the same Ship Class. So if you have a Premium Cruiser, a CA, you can put any other CA ship Commander in that ship and operate it without penalty while quickly training that commander and while earning more credits. While you are in the premium ship you are not more effective then those you compete with, but you will gain experience faster and earn money for ship modules, etc.

Of course some people think they should be able to experience the best a game has to offer for free :D

Later I wound up in a clan, started paying for a premium account and once I started paying for premium I did much better, I have more then enough silver, hell I have over 90 tanks now in my garage.

You misunderstand the use of "premium" ships/tanks in WoW and WoTs.

They are not Pay to Win. But they do have an effect on your ability to raise high end commanders and vehicle crews.

In WoT, Premium Tanks allow you to grind/train high teir tank crews without going broke.

.... but you will gain experience faster and earn money for ship modules, etc.

The problem with free to play games. Never mind that the creative part is diluted with crap like silver (paying for upgrades/maintenance in silver like we're wizards in some fictional dark ages rip off! How unimaginative). Real gameplay is scrapped and replaced with unlocks, tiers, accounts ect.

Obviously they have to make money, but if they just put a $60 price tag up front the end result would have been far better. And the customer would spend less money.

But clearly "free to play" games are popular, much like CoD was/is. :(

The problem with free to play games. Never mind that the creative part is diluted with crap like silver (paying for upgrades/maintenance in silver like we're wizards in some fictional dark ages rip off! How unimaginative). Real gameplay is scrapped and replaced with unlocks, tiers, accounts ect.

Obviously they have to make money, but if they just put a $60 price tag up front the end result would have been far better. And the customer would spend less money.

I'm not sure $60 even buys you 6 months of premium time. How many people out there do you think would pay over $100 upfront to play WoT? I'm sure their current system is pretty optimal for both making money and having a large gaming population. I will agree that the free-to-play-ers are somewhat just additional content for the paying hardcore players, though sometimes tactics and experience can overcome the difference.

You beat me to the quotes, but I like how they called me wrong then described all the p2w crap like it wasn't. Denial is a powerful thing.

Charge me $60 up front for the damn game and be done with it. Don't claim it's free then hide a bunch of crap behind micro transactions.

You beat me to the quotes, but I like how they called me wrong then described all the p2w crap like it wasn't. Denial is a powerful thing.

Charge me $60 up front for the damn game and be done with it. Don't claim it's free then hide a bunch of crap behind micro transactions.

I'm not really going to bother arguing past this point, but there is no pay to win in WoWs. You can pay for premium, which allows you to gain experience and money faster to climb higher in tier faster. Besides some premium ships -- that's it. If you are terrible, your experience bonus doesn't mean much since it's just that, a bonus to your base experience per match. I prefer playing T5 than T8, so climbing up through the tiers faster is sort of moot for many people.

I'm not sure $60 even buys you 6 months of premium time. How many people out there do you think would pay over $100 upfront to play WoT? I'm sure their current system is pretty optimal for both making money and having a large gaming population. I will agree that the free-to-play-ers are somewhat just additional content for the paying hardcore players, though sometimes tactics and experience can overcome the difference.

Just under$58 dollars for 180 days of premium time. That's if you don't wait and catch it on sale. There are also numerous opportunities to earn additional days of premium time with missions and such, and then there is the gold you can earn while playing that can buy premium time.

I'm not really going to bother arguing past this point, but there is no pay to win in WoWs. You can pay for premium, which allows you to gain experience and money faster to climb higher in tier faster. Besides some premium ships -- that's it. If you are terrible, your experience bonus doesn't mean much since it's just that, a bonus to your base experience per match. I prefer playing T5 than T8, so climbing up through the tiers faster is sort of moot for many people.

I agree and I don't. It's far less obvious then "if you pay cash for this ship you will own face". Instead, it's the cumulative effect that paying some money means your Ship's Captains get better faster and their abilities start to afford you advantage over others who are not so advanced.

Still, take someone who fully understands the mechanics of the game and puts his time into focusing the development of his Commanders and keeps the number of ships he owns low to focus the time played and there is no reason a non-paying player can't be competitive and enjoy the game.

Back