Take Selfie On Bridge, Go To Jail

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
What happens when you take a selfie on top of the Brooklyn Bridge? Well, the NYPD thinks you should be fined and given jail time. I guess that does sound about right for anyone caught using a selfie stick.

The self-proclaimed addict drew the ire of NYPD Deputy Commissioner of Intelligence and Counterterrorisn John J. Miller, who deemed the act “illegal and irresponsible” a day after Karnauch’s stunt. WRCB in Chattanooga reported Karnauch also posted a photo of himself on top of Maker Street Bridge in Chattanooga on his Instagram account — an act also deemed illegal.

Give him his fine for trespassing and move along. Never got the selfie fad.

I think whatever the law says for this he should get. Why would you be a dumbass and climb up on a bridge to take a selfie. omg some people these days. What do you think could of happen if say a big gust of wind hit him and he fell over. man

I think whatever the law says for this he should get. Why would you be a dumbass and climb up on a bridge to take a selfie. omg some people these days. What do you think could of happen if say a big gust of wind hit him and he fell over. man

I'd say encourage him to try it again and hope he falls over. It's natures way of getting rid of retards.

Unfortunately he would prolly just fall into traffic and cause a pile up.

I'm all for the fine, but jail time? Was there anyone who got into an accident on that day? No? Then why is NYC spending resources to have him extradited to NYC to await trail, it's some dumb ass kid who went somewhere where it says "keep out".

I'm all for the fine, but jail time? Was there anyone who got into an accident on that day? No? Then why is NYC spending resources to have him extradited to NYC to await trail, it's some dumb ass kid who went somewhere where it says "keep out".

Yep, if it were me in charge I would mail out a fine for trespassing because he was stupid enough to post a pick of himself committing a crime, and been done with it. Even then it would just be to discourage similar stupidity.

To the view of government of NY though, this guy has tossed down a gauntlet with his picture, and he must be made an example of for not recognizing their authority. They view themselves as the elite of our society, as our rulers. They get touchy when people ignore their rule.

Because this is obviously the absolute worst crime that has happened in NYC for a long time..... oh wait.:rolleyes:

I totally get what you are saying about no one getting hurt so why make him do jail time for this. I look at it as there are a lot of dumb ass kids out there. If you think that you can just do dumbass things and get a fine with a slap on the wrist then what is stopping other dumbass kids from doing this. Some of the kids may think ooo I can do this and just pay a $500 fine for it and walk. Well I am sorry you broke the law being a dumbass and now you get to pay the price. It may not stop everyone from doing dumbass things again but even if it stops 1 person then to me it is all worth it.

It's like getting jail time for a minor drug infraction. Same idea. NYC is kinda stupid that way. I live here so I know.

The same thing our fathers would have received a slap on the wrist for, we now receive lengthy jail terms and a record. What does the future hold in store for us.

if this guy gets jail time he is going to discover a whole new kind of selfie stick and he wont be holding it in his hand

That seems like a stupid law. Though I guess being up there does pose a danger to traffic if he was to fall. But jail time? That's ridiculous. Jail should be for people who are a big danger to society like murderers, rapists etc. But seems the US government gets a hardon for sending people to jail for petty crime.

That seems like a stupid law. Though I guess being up there does pose a danger to traffic if he was to fall. But jail time? That's ridiculous. Jail should be for people who are a big danger to society like murderers, rapists etc. But seems the US government gets a hardon for sending people to jail for petty crime.

Na murders and rapists and such belong in prison not jail.

You can see why they do it though.. They don't let people up there like that. He should go to jail.

Just think, if he fell off and splattered on the bridge or drowned his parents would probably sue the city for millions in taxpayer money claiming they didn't do enough to prevent it!

You can see why they do it though.. They don't let people up there like that. He should go to jail.

Just think, if he fell off and splattered on the bridge or drowned his parents would probably sue the city for millions in taxpayer money claiming they didn't do enough to prevent it!

and yet jailing people that do things like this still costs tax payers money (probably tens or hundreds of thousands per year per person in jail)... not to mention the cost for finding/apprehending/prosecuting

just fine the fuck out of people who do dumb shit like this

th

If only. One less idiot using a selfie stick.

I think that they enacted some sort of law to stop people taking pictures of public areas that could be targeted by terrorists as potential bombing sites. For a while after 9/11, they wouldn't let us (train enthusiasts) take pictures of trains and tracks at the local Penn station, supposedly for that reason. They've gotten a lot more lax about it, but I believe that the laws are still on the books. They're not usually enforced anymore, other than as ways to punish people for being stupid and doing asinine things. Kind of like artificially low speed limits, so the cops can pull you over and give you some sort of a ticket for being an asshole.

Back