Stoners Want Google To Rename Android Marshmallow

HardOCP News

[H] News
This seems like a reasonable request...if you are a stoner. :D

"We assert that it would be neither humane nor fair to the millions of stoners to call the upcoming release anything but 'Munchies', regardless of how tempting and mushy marshmallow sounds right now," it reads.

I was hoping for Moon Pie. But I guess marshmallow is good.

If I'm stoned, I want Fritos, Cheetos maybe some Oreos, but Marshmallows? I don't think so.

Too late; Google already put a stupid marshmallow statue on their lawn. They should have just used this.

GB-StayPuftBank-4.jpg

Does anyone even take stoners seriously? I mean, they're intentionally drugging themselves out of their skulls so its not like they deserve any respect or consideration. You just sorta step over their half conscious bodies laying in the streets and maybe call for the police or an ambulance to come pick them up to take them to their future of incarceration and (hopefully) rehab that will at least get them like a minimum wage job and relatively cleaned up. So yeah, if stoners want something, they can put down the joints first and become functioning members of society like the rest of us first, THEN voice their opinions.

Does anyone even take stoners seriously? I mean, they're intentionally drugging themselves out of their skulls so its not like they deserve any respect or consideration. You just sorta step over their half conscious bodies laying in the streets and maybe call for the police or an ambulance to come pick them up to take them to their future of incarceration and (hopefully) rehab that will at least get them like a minimum wage job and relatively cleaned up. So yeah, if stoners want something, they can put down the joints first and become functioning members of society like the rest of us first, THEN voice their opinions.

Ambulances for stoners? Anything is possible, but I've never heard of anyone who could consume a ton (2000 lb) of pot, which is roughly what it takes to OD.

As for functioning members of society, most tokers are. I've worked with a lot of very smart and successful people (several of them are multimillionaires) who smoke pot.

Just give it a little time. They'll forget all about it soon.

Ambulances for stoners? Anything is possible, but I've never heard of anyone who could consume a ton (2000 lb) of pot, which is roughly what it takes to OD.

As for functioning members of society, most tokers are. I've worked with a lot of very smart and successful people (several of them are multimillionaires) who smoke pot.

I dunno, I'm not a drug expert or anything since I've never done that kinda stuff and never would, but don't all the little drug dealer people put random stuff in it and isn't it a gateway drug that people use to get into a ton of other stuff.

Also, yeah there are a lot of famous people who get into drugs. Actors and junk (oh and musicians) but I dunno if they're really successful people. I've never really thought of them as role models or anything since it seems like they make a lot of other bad life decisions in spite of having become successful...um, like that one swimmer guy that was famous for a while from winning medals and junk at the Olympics and Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber. They're all wealthy-ish, but they're not the kinds of people that I think anyone should look up to and they all have like drug problems.

It doesn't take that much to wrap your car around a tree.

Cool. I have a bridge I desperately need to sell. It's in Nigeria. Think you can help me?

I dunno, I'm not a drug expert or anything since I've never done that kinda stuff and never would, but don't all the little drug dealer people put random stuff in it and isn't it a gateway drug that people use to get into a ton of other stuff.

Also, yeah there are a lot of famous people who get into drugs. Actors and junk (oh and musicians) but I dunno if they're really successful people. I've never really thought of them as role models or anything since it seems like they make a lot of other bad life decisions in spite of having become successful...um, like that one swimmer guy that was famous for a while from winning medals and junk at the Olympics and Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber. They're all wealthy-ish, but they're not the kinds of people that I think anyone should look up to and they all have like drug problems.

9869953.jpg

If you are serious, hey it's ok to not have an opinion on something you clearly know nothing about.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/9869953.jpg

If you are serious, hey it's ok to not have an opinion on something you clearly know nothing about.

I don't get the logic in advocating the idea of making a stupid decision just to verify it's stupid. Is that something that makes more sense after doing a lot of drugs?

Who gives a shit... I don't even know why this is shit is posted as news.

Who ever cared what stoners want?

I was hoping for Moon Pie. But I guess marshmallow is good.

You were never going to get Moon Pie, it's even more regional than "Key Lime Pie" which is enjoyed all over North America. Moon Pies are limited specifically to the southern USA.

I also don't see a point in trying to wiggle away by attempting to claim a fallacy, but hey, whatever makes people feel better.
"attempting to claim a fallacy"? lol what you have done is explicitly begging the question. You literally assumed the premise that was up for debate.

If you don't see the point in adhering to foundations of epistemic reasoning, then i guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dunno, I'm not a drug expert or anything since I've never done that kinda stuff
Your ignorance is showing. You have zero exposure to drugs of any kind and assume stoners of all kinds just flop themselves into the streets. LMAO. Have you seen a city street lately? Please do tell how many stoners you have seen flopped in the middle of the street.

You have blanket labeled anyone that does any sort of drug as someone who does jack shit and is unproductive when that couldn't be further from the truth. The people you mention do exist, but they are only one small facet of people who do drugs.

CreepyUncleGoogle said:
but don't all the little drug dealer people put random stuff in it and isn't it a gateway drug that people use to get into a ton of other stuff.
eb6.jpg

You entertain ignorant (self-gratifying primarily) perceptions of society, and it's apparent from your posts.

Well, at least we can conclude together that abuse of illegal narcotics gives people a very limited, biased view of drug addiction and the harm it causes.

Is that a joke, or is your understanding on this issue that bad?
And you really think that Paul McCartney is just wealthish?
What about Bill Gates? How about the late Steve Jobs? Woz?

As for the gateway drug issue, if you believe breast milk/baby formula leads to heroin addiction, then I guess pot is just another step on teh road to drug use, but it's a pretty weak...and correlation != causation.

It doesn't take much to OD on water but it's pretty hard to do with marijuana.

But drugs are bad mmmmkay?

You can try to hide them from the rest of us the best you can, but we have known about them for a while now.

known about them in general and actually having had one or really knowing what they are is different.

I have heard of them before, just like I have here of greens. No idea what they are, what they look like, or what they taste like.

This is why nobody takes stoners seriously.

Perhaps, but what he said is true. Drink too much water and you die and that happens every year. It's physically impossible for you to consume enough pot to kill yourself

Perhaps, but what he said is true. Drink too much water and you die and that happens every year. It's physically impossible for you to consume enough pot to kill yourself

Except that water is essential to living while pot is not. Smoking anything will have an effect on your lungs eventually, so it technically can kill you.

Is that a joke, or is your understanding on this issue that bad?
And you really think that Paul McCartney is just wealthish?
What about Bill Gates? How about the late Steve Jobs? Woz?

As for the gateway drug issue, if you believe breast milk/baby formula leads to heroin addiction, then I guess pot is just another step on teh road to drug use, but it's a pretty weak...and correlation != causation.

I have no idea who Paul McCartney is and don't care so whatever.

Bill Gates didn't use drugs throughout his career, just when he was young and stupid and he cleaned up before it caused harm (exception versus norm).

Steve Jobs was an idiot and is currently dead, but him and that Woz guy also didn't do illegal narcotics as an on-going thing. Like that Microsoft guy, they got smart enough to clean up their act before it ruined them.

Why are you even dragging boobs into this? Using something that clearly makes no sense to invalidate the millions of people who rob, steal, murder, and randomly drop over dead that buy illegal drugs and support an entire industry of murder and abuse of innocent people in other countries is silly and really limited in light of the globally interconnected society we live in.

Except that water is essential to living while pot is not. Smoking anything will have an effect on your lungs eventually, so it technically can kill you.

Says you. Someone on Chemo, with glaucoma or countless other issues may disagree. It can be useful for getting to sleep. Sure you could take Xanax and/or Ambien, but both of those are far more dangerous.

As for lung disease, it's not known how bad it is. Some studies have shown no effect at all (and they were trying to prove the opposite).

But hey, drinking too much water can technically kill you. Drinking too much beer can kill you. Eating too much food can kill you. Running too much can kill you. Falling in a bathtub can kill you.

Let's just agree we're going to die and that too much of anything can kill you, but that it's impossible to consume enough marijuana to kill you.

Finally, if your objection is to smoking, then people could just eat it, drink it or vaporize it.

I have no idea who Paul McCartney is and don't care so whatever.

Bill Gates didn't use drugs throughout his career, just when he was young and stupid and he cleaned up before it caused harm (exception versus norm).

Steve Jobs was an idiot and is currently dead, but him and that Woz guy also didn't do illegal narcotics as an on-going thing. Like that Microsoft guy, they got smart enough to clean up their act before it ruined them.

Why are you even dragging boobs into this? Using something that clearly makes no sense to invalidate the millions of people who rob, steal, murder, and randomly drop over dead that buy illegal drugs and support an entire industry of murder and abuse of innocent people in other countries is silly and really limited in light of the globally interconnected society we live in.

I'll just accept you're trolling and move on.

I'll just accept you're trolling and move on.

Yeah, that's the usual way people avoid admitting they don't have any means to make any sorta rational point in response to something. I'm totally issuing myself like 50 internets for this since it was surrender via insult. :D

Yeah, that's the usual way people avoid admitting they don't have any means to make any sorta rational point in response to something. I'm totally issuing myself like 50 internets for this since it was surrender via insult. :D

CUG, you just said you don't know who McCartney is. If you don't know who that is, then in the future, just say I don't know anything about music, songwriters or composers and never bring up those fields in any debate, because you know nothing. Your ignorance is analogous to commenting on classical music and then saying, "I've never heard of Beethoven, Mozart or Wagner."

"“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”

Carl Saga (who I'm sure you'll say was nobody of importance and not worth looking up to)

CUG, you just said you don't know who McCartney is. If you don't know who that is, then in the future, just say I don't know anything about music, songwriters or composers and never bring up those fields in any debate, because you know nothing. Your ignorance is analogous to commenting on classical music and then saying, "I've never heard of Beethoven, Mozart or Wagner."

"“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”

Carl Saga (who I'm sure you'll say was nobody of importance and not worth looking up to)

Just because some no-name band members are important to someone doesn't mean they matter to someone else. Most modern musicians are losers anyway (and most of the world's past musicians are too) because the artistic brain is hugely defective. Like go to a college campus and you can pick out the artists by how unusual they act, dress, think, and smell. They're not right upstairs so using them as an example of mainstream success isn't possible since artists and musicians are abnormal.

And yes, I don't know or care who Carl Saga is and I'm not going to bother looking up random names of people who are meaninglessly uninvolved in my universe just because someone else cares about them. That's like looking up the personal life of some actor in a movie, it's silly and borders on creeper-stalker insanity in some infatuated peoples' cases.

Back