Apollo Astronaut Says UFOs Prevented Nuclear War

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Did aliens prevent a nuclear holocaust and save mankind? It’s just something to think about when you go to bed tonight.

“I have spoken to many Air Force officers who worked at these silos during the Cold War. They told me UFOs were frequently seen overhead and often disabled their missiles. Other officers from bases on the Pacific coast told me their [test]missiles were frequently shot down by alien spacecraft. There was a lot of activity in those days.”

Sure, why not? I mean it's not like Humans don't have extinction prevention programs for various animals around the world. If we were a space faring people, we'd probably do the same for other alien species as well.

Mitchell also believes that a teenager calling himself Adam Dreamhealer healed Mitchell's kidney cancer from a distance using remote healing.

This guy might be the origin of the term "loony".

Mitchell also believes that a teenager calling himself Adam Dreamhealer healed Mitchell's kidney cancer from a distance using remote healing.

I am not saying it was aliens.......but it was aliens.

The aliens I have spoken too said preventing all out nucooler war was a mistake.

need specifics and proof to verify his and his so called informants information.

and even if he did see ufos, remember sputnik. thats a ufo.... and it was apparently the russians they found out later.

people tend to jump to conclusions ufos must be aliens. when it could simply be many a reasonable explanation.

so until there is hard proof, it's hard to believe these tall tales :/

This is old news. It's pretty common knowledge that UFOs have been seen during these tests.

Forgot to say, I find it hard to believe any theory about aliens saving us from nuclear fallout. If they were protecting us, they sure as hell seemed to have taken a whole lot of vacation days.

A Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion Since 1945 - by Isao Hashimoto, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY

Uploaded on Oct 24, 2010

Japanese artist Isao Hashimoto has created a beautiful, undeniably scary time-lapse map of the 2053 nuclear explosions which have taken place between 1945 and 1998, beginning with the Manhattan Project's "Trinity" test near Los Alamos and concluding with Pakistan's nuclear tests in May of 1998. This leaves out North Korea's two alleged nuclear tests in this past decade (the legitimacy of both of which is not 100% clear).

Each nation gets a blip and a flashing dot on the map whenever they detonate a nuclear weapon, with a running tally kept on the top and bottom bars of the screen. Hashimoto, who began the project in 2003, says that he created it with the goal of showing"the fear and folly of nuclear weapons." It starts really slow — if you want to see real action, skip ahead to 1962 or so — but the buildup becomes overwhelming.

Forgot to say, I find it hard to believe any theory about aliens saving us from nuclear fallout. If they were protecting us, they sure as hell seemed to have taken a whole lot of vacation days.

A Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion Since 1945 - by Isao Hashimoto, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY

This is a whole lot scarier then fictional aliens. I am uploading it to the aliens so they can watch it, they got crappy wifi.

Neil deGrasse said it best about UFO's. They're "unidentified" which doesn't actually mean aliens. If they were aliens then you identified them and therefore not UFO's.

Indeed. By using "aliens" in context with UFO's you are basically throwing out the possibility that its anything else. UFO in pure terminology is just a craft that doesn't have a well known identifier. Or even a craft that refuses to identify its purpose and course.

Its really sad to see so many people convinced of these "aliens" with little to no actual proof other than easily doctored photos or video. Nothing biological despite the many hundreds of crashes (how quaint). As if any world government is simply unable to keep truly secret anything but this one thing which has generated nothing but speculation for decades.

Human beings are terrible witnesses. We are full of instant bias. We almost always make snap judgments with little to no proof.

I couldn't care if this guy was an Astronaut. He is relying on second hand gossip from a "buddy" and not actual scientific proof. Being an Astronaut doesn't mean you are absolved from being wrong even within your own expertise.

The harsh truth is we live in a gigantic and nearly infinite Universe. There are aliens I'm sure , probably not as many intelligent as we think or hope. But they are not close by , we've been listening for a while now and the distances between our closest neighbors mean we have no idea what's really out there. But if there was a hyper advanced group of aliens just flying down to stop the nuclear holocaust then what would be that purpose? Do you often go out of your way to save an ant hill from a down pour of rain? Of course not.

Once you apply logic and look for true evidence via the scientific method then you will find that we have not even a shred of proof of anything but the human imagination.

To be smart enough to qualify for NASA, smart enough to understand the complexity and risks of a moon landing, and still sign up for Apollo "loony" sounds about right.

Some things are accurately kept really secret and always have been. To those people that think that all this UFO mumbo jumbo might just be some conspiracy bullshit, people though the same thing about what agencies like the NSA have been doing for decades (only much worse since 9/11/2001) and there are many many more instances of secrets being kept from the casual public purview.

Anybody know the formula for Coca-Cola? Nope, been a secret since pretty much day one.

Pepsi-Cola? Nope, same situation.

Kentucky Fried Chicken? The Colonel would roll over in his grave if anyone outside of the close family knew it or ever revealed it.

Some things can actually be kept secret...

Some things are accurately kept really secret and always have been. To those people that think that all this UFO mumbo jumbo might just be some conspiracy bullshit, people though the same thing about what agencies like the NSA have been doing for decades (only much worse since 9/11/2001) and there are many many more instances of secrets being kept from the casual public purview.

Anybody know the formula for Coca-Cola? Nope, been a secret since pretty much day one.

Kentucky Fried Chicken? The Colonel would roll over in his grave if anyone outside of the close family knew it or ever revealed it.

The difference is that there is no science to support UFOs yet (whereas we could put Coke in a Mass Spectrometer and analyze all the stuff in it, if we wanted to) ... the more exotic the theory, the higher the burden of proof becomes on it

Is there is life in the rest of the Universe ... probably ... it is impossible to prove, but statistically you can argue for the presence of extraterrestrial life

Is there extraterrestrial life on on Earth ... highly unlikely:

1. We are in a fairly isolated part of our Galaxy with no nearby Star Systems that seem to have anything approximating a habitable planet
2. We have only been announcing our presence here for less than a century and our Galaxy is big (the Universe even bigger) so it would be unlikely that someone (or many someones) would just stumble across us
3. There is no indication that faster than light travel is possible ... without that ability there is nobody going anywhere beyond the 10-20 light year spheroid around their solar system
4. UFO sightings seem to have rocketed in the atomic age ... is that because Aliens care about our nuclear technology ... OR, much more likely, is it that governments started developing new spy technologies that they used the disguise of UFOs to hide behind and also that the paranoia of people faced with weapons of unthinkable power (with the capability to destroy their planet) channeled that paranoia into visions of alien spacecraft
:cool:

I hope its true.

You're hoping that humans are so stupid that some other species had to prevent mankind from destroying itself? What you should be hoping for is that nobody would be capable of doing something stupid enough to ever warrant that kind of intervention in the first place.

In reality, the missiles where honorably unreliable.

But better to blame it on Aliens then faulty equipment and incompetence.

Seriously lame.

Did aliens prevent a nuclear holocaust and save mankind? It’s just something to think about when you go to bed tonight.

“I have spoken to many Air Force officers who worked at these silos during the Cold War. They told me UFOs were frequently seen overhead and often disabled their missiles. Other officers from bases on the Pacific coast told me their [test]missiles were frequently shot down by alien spacecraft. There was a lot of activity in those days.”

There's a few soviet rocket men who can corroborate some of this stuff. Mostly UFO's hovering above missile silos and launch bunkers ( which are buried deep underground) and somehow tampering with controls and electronics.

There's a few soviet rocket men who can corroborate some of this stuff. Mostly UFO's hovering above missile silos and launch bunkers ( which are buried deep underground) and somehow tampering with controls and electronics.

Why would you tamper with a missile that is laying dormant? I mean unless these guys had their fingers on the big red button ready to launch at that exact moment and somehow the aliens knew this, what exactly were they interfering with?

I also find it interesting that a species sophisticated enough to master interstellar travel and remotely disarm a nuclear missile (whatever that entails) just so happens to be bungling enough that they are consistently detected. Not 100% detected mind you, but just enough so that people can claim they saw something but never have definitive proof of it.

They're clearly time travelling humans from a genetically bottle-necked future/alternate dimension. It's the only rational explanation for stalling nuclear war and the anal probes.

I would like to hear Sculelos's opinion on this and every other crazy subject.

The difference is that there is no science to support UFOs yet (whereas we could put Coke in a Mass Spectrometer and analyze all the stuff in it, if we wanted to) ... the more exotic the theory, the higher the burden of proof becomes on it

Is there is life in the rest of the Universe ... probably ... it is impossible to prove, but statistically you can argue for the presence of extraterrestrial life

1. We are in a fairly isolated part of our Galaxy with no nearby Star Systems that seem to have anything approximating a habitable planet
2. We have only been announcing our presence here for less than a century and our Galaxy is big (the Universe even bigger) so it would be unlikely that someone (or many someones) would just stumble across us
3. There is no indication that faster than light travel is possible ... without that ability there is nobody going anywhere beyond the 10-20 light year spheroid around their solar system
4. UFO sightings seem to have rocketed in the atomic age ... is that because Aliens care about our nuclear technology ... OR, much more likely, is it that governments started developing new spy technologies that they used the disguise of UFOs to hide behind and also that the paranoia of people faced with weapons of unthinkable power (with the capability to destroy their planet) channeled that paranoia into visions of alien spacecraft

And here is some more information about good ole' ET (plagiarized from the bluesnews forums courtesy of user jdreyer)
http://www.economist.com/blogs/babbage/2012/01/extraterrestrial-intelligence

And here is some more information about good ole' ET (plagiarized from the bluesnews forums courtesy of user jdreyer)
http://www.economist.com/blogs/babbage/2012/01/extraterrestrial-intelligence

There are a couple of big variables in the famous Drake equation that make the isolation theory likely (like the article mentioned):

N = N* fp ne fl fi fc fL

N is straight forward with 100 billion stars in our galaxy
fp is also becoming more straight forward with a good chance of 50% of stars having planets
ne is where the fun starts ... we are not seeing a lot of habitable planets yet (although our search is still in its infancy) so I would put this number at 1 in three systems have a habitable planet
fl is where the true guess work begins ... life seems to be pretty resilient but we don't really understand its mechanics fully so I would put this value at 1 in 10 systems
fi is also tricky since our own planet didn't develop intelligent life until very late and it took a number of significant events to reach that point ... I would put that number at closer to 1%
fc (the fraction that communicates) I put at 10% since a society could live very primitively or have a Xenophobic fear of communicating

and then finally the fL factor (this is where the rubber hits the road) ... how long a civilization can survive . one could argue that most species will carry the burden of evolution with them (the animal brain and the violence that goes with that) or one could go the other way ... we were almost destroyed twice (once before we developed technology and the Toba Super Volcano almost wiped us out ... and once of our own device since we were potentially within hours of nuclear war in the Cuban Missile Crisis) and that doesn't even include all the asteroids and comets that fly in our vicinity and have caused extinctions in the past ... this is the hardest factor to estimate and the biggest impact on whether we are alone (at least in this galaxy) ... if you put this value at 10,000 years (something we have yet to achieve) then we are alone ... you would need values in the hundreds of thousands or millions for there to be an abundance and I think the jury is still out on numbers like that for most people

The biggest variable for us right now is we only have the ability to study one planet for how life evolves and how the dominant species is determined ... are the major mass extinctions of the past the normal way for life to evolve (and if you don't get them then evolution stalls) or were we the exception ... we are rapidly destroying the planet we live on (and possibly ourselves in the process) ... is that the norm or the exception ... until and unless we find more life in our vicinity (intelligent or otherwise) we can never guess at how unique or how common we and our planet are

Unlikely aliens would stumble across us, but probably already know where we are. No indication that faster than light travel is possible by us, but how can we say what is possible by another race? Or maybe they don't need to if portals/stargates exist. But there's no evidence of that either, right? I think if governments had UFO-like technology you'd eventually see it make its way into normal use. Why keep a prototype a prototype forever?

I saw the movie and it was Mulder and Scully who saved the Earth from aliens. That guy is ridiculous.

The Coca-Cola recipe is not a secret. It's just pretty much impossible to get decocainized flavor
essence of the coca leaf without a DEA permit.

If the Pepsi recipe is a secret, nobody seems to care because Pepsi didn't go that way with its marketing.

The KFC recipe is flour, salt, pepper, and MSG. The 11 spices and herbs thing is a lie and Fred Meyer fried chicken is much better.

I thought it was against the "Prime Directive" to interfere with an alien civilization (you people).

If we were to encounter aliens I suspect it would run more along the lines of The Day the Earth Stood Still (original, not the remake) where Klaatu gives us his message ...
"I am leaving soon, and you will forgive me if I speak bluntly. The universe grows smaller every day, and the threat of aggression by any group, anywhere, can no longer be tolerated. There must be security for all, or no one is secure. Now, this does not mean giving up any freedom, except the freedom to act irresponsibly. Your ancestors knew this when they made laws to govern themselves and hired policemen to enforce them. We, of the other planets, have long accepted this principle. We have an organization for the mutual protection of all planets and for the complete elimination of aggression. The test of any such higher authority is, of course, the police force that supports it. For our policemen, we created a race of robots. Their function is to patrol the planets in spaceships like this one and preserve the peace. In matters of aggression, we have given them absolute power over us. This power cannot be revoked. At the first sign of violence, they act automatically against the aggressor. The penalty for provoking their action is too terrible to risk. The result is, we live in peace, without arms or armies, secure in the knowledge that we are free from aggression and war. Free to pursue more... profitable enterprises. Now, we do not pretend to have achieved perfection, but we do have a system, and it works. I came here to give you these facts. It is no concern of ours how you run your own planet, but if you threaten to extend your violence, this Earth of yours will be reduced to a burned-out cinder. Your choice is simple: join us and live in peace, or pursue your present course and face obliteration. We shall be waiting for your answer. The decision rests with you."

MV5BMjIwNDEyNTE1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjkyMjM4NA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

I thought it was against the "Prime Directive" to interfere with an alien civilization (you people).
Jean-Luc-Picard-jean-luc-picard-21977752-694-530.jpg

Unlikely aliens would stumble across us, but probably already know where we are. No indication that faster than light travel is possible by us, but how can we say what is possible by another race? Or maybe they don't need to if portals/stargates exist. But there's no evidence of that either, right? I think if governments had UFO-like technology you'd eventually see it make its way into normal use. Why keep a prototype a prototype forever?
I'm still wondering if life can spontaneously exist cause that's the current idea being passed around. If life is extremely conditional, life on Earth maybe so unique that there maybe no life elsewhere in the universe. The complexity that occurs in cells alone makes it hard to believe that a series of accidents created life.

Back