Corsair Gaming Strafe Mechanical Keyboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
Legit Reviews just published a review of Corsair's Gaming Strafe today. Fans of mechanical keyboards should definitely give this review a look.

There’s more than meets the eye with the Strafe mechanical keyboard from Corsair Gaming. Many of our readers should be familiar with Corsair’s K70 mechanical keyboard which is remarkable in its own right for a variety of reasons. So then, is the more recently released Strafe a dumbed down mechanical keyboard from Corsair? We spent some time typing and gaming with this new product and can already tell you there are some interesting things going on.

No wrist rest no deal.....I swear to god those kids who play BF3 don't use keyboard they run around with controllers.

Tried it out....liked it, however sticking to my K70 RGB.....the plastic build of the Strafe makes it feel cheap compared to the K70.

No media controls no deal. FN keys don't cut it and are annoying.
It's just laziness not to add volume and mute controls.

No media controls no deal. FN keys don't cut it and are annoying.
It's just laziness not to add volume and mute controls.

Not everyone wants those controls. I prefer not to have them.

I use external an DAC/AMP. I don't need volume and mute on the keyboard. Though extra programmable keys are a requirement. As well as the option of Blue and Brown switches.

I've had mine for about a week now and like it a lot. It is a lot better than the ducky shine 3 I had nothing but problems with.

I tried the rgb version with mx silent switches. I really don't care for the switches but I like everything else about the keyboard. The switches just feel mushy. I should have known, because I can't stand reds which is pretty much what the silents are with some dampening.

The software is good and the keyboard is rock solid--don't be fooled just because the case is plastic and not aluminum.

Back