Russia Hacks Pentagon Computers

HardOCP News

[H] News
Our government needs to get one of those "days without an accident" signs and change it to "days without being hacked."

U.S. officials tell NBC News that Russia launched a "sophisticated cyberattack" against the Pentagon's Joint Staff unclassified email system, which has been shut down and taken offline for nearly two weeks. According to the officials, the "sophisticated cyber intrusion" occurred sometime around July 25 and affected some 4,000 military and civilian personnel who work for the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

ok, nothing to see here. it is well documented that US intelligence services hack everything on this planet all the time. they just love to play with "back doors". if we invested all that money into education and infrastructure... we'd have started terraforming mars by now.

ok, nothing to see here. it is well documented that US intelligence services hack everything on this planet all the time too. they just love to play with "back doors". if we invested all that money into education and infrastructure... we'd have started terraforming mars by now.

sorry for double post, missed a word which made the sentence mean something different.

I'm sure the request for more money and infrastructure for cyber security comes next.

uh oh, they got a but computer based training certificates and performance reports. That's really going to show us!

ok, nothing to see here. it is well documented that US intelligence services hack everything on this planet all the time. they just love to play with "back doors". if we invested all that money into education and infrastructure... we'd have started terraforming mars by now.

QFMFT, which, honestly we should have been doing instead. What happens if 99942 Apophis decides to slam into us in the next 20 years or a similar threat? I'm suddenly reminded of a scene from the Last Starfighter...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U7rOUSvYM8

"What do we do!?"

Don't worry. NASA has a mega deal with Russia for space transport of our astronauts! First they hack us, then we give them money to send our people into space. Anyone want to bet that some NASA equipment and computers will go "missing" in the transport?

Don't worry. NASA has a mega deal with Russia for space transport of our astronauts! First they hack us, then we give them money to send our people into space. Anyone want to bet that some NASA equipment and computers will go "missing" in the transport?

The Soyuz rocket family, derived from the R-7 ICBM, namely the Soyuz-U has a great track record. 727 launches, only 19 failures. Across the entire Soyuz launch vehicle family they have a good track record.

The problem though is with the US government totally underfunding NASA. As it stands now, space agencies the world over go to Russia to train for the Soyuz-TMA vehicle and U launcher. Only real way to get people to the ISS right now since the Space Shuttles/Orbiters have been decommissioned. I think there are plans to design a docking port compatible with private space corporations in the very near future and add the module to the ISS, but I digress.

Strange, the only place you hear that US intelligence agencies and cybersecurity happens to be a place like Wikileaks, odd, innit? :D ;)

The Soyuz rocket family, derived from the R-7 ICBM, namely the Soyuz-U has a great track record. 727 launches, only 19 failures. Across the entire Soyuz launch vehicle family they have a good track record.

The problem though is with the US government totally underfunding NASA. As it stands now, space agencies the world over go to Russia to train for the Soyuz-TMA vehicle and U launcher. Only real way to get people to the ISS right now since the Space Shuttles/Orbiters have been decommissioned. I think there are plans to design a docking port compatible with private space corporations in the very near future and add the module to the ISS, but I digress.

Strange, the only place you hear that US intelligence agencies and cybersecurity happens to be a place like Wikileaks, odd, innit? :D ;)

Yep it considered excellent infact, even NASA can't compete with that success with their boosters, hence why they are using them, that and they are 2x more efficient in fuel consumption to power.

No really serious concern, it was just the unclassified email. The day I hear they have hacked classified systems then I'll sit up and take notice.

Back