Xbox Unveils More Of Its Greatest Games Lineup In History

HardOCP News

[H] News
Today Xbox opened gamescom 2015, the world’s biggest interactive games and entertainment expo, with new game reveals for Xbox and Windows 10, extending the company’s greatest lineup in Xbox history into 2016. The company debuted world-premiere gameplay of anticipated exclusives “Crackdown 3,” “Scalebound” and “Killer Instinct Season 3,” alongside a new gameplay demo of the heavily anticipated “Quantum Break.” Xbox also announced “Halo Wars 2” — an exciting new strategy game packed with fast-paced action, massive battles and an all-new Halo story, coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 in fall 2016.

Well, this should be interesting. :) I have to say, the XBox one is not being replaced anytime soon and I am happy with that. :) If you want R9 290 performance in a console with the same power consumption we have today, you will have to wait at least another 5 years. (This is especially considering the fact that most console gamers do not want to spend all that much on their consoles if they can help it.)

That is partially why I gave up PC gaming. It is really nice having a platform that unlike Apple simply "just works." I also enjoy gaming on my recliner with a game pad.

What's more there to "invest" in a console once you buy it? 2nd, 3rd, 4th controller? Better HDMI cable? Bigger HDD? Bigger & Better TV?

Indeed, better than to go buy a whole new system, or upgrade the video card alone (which can cost $200-$300 for a mid performance level or $650+ for the high end).

Power consumption. Let's see, 60 watts vs 300-400 watts? Clear choice I see.

I think you missed where console gamers would go into internet rage with even just a $50 difference in price. Hey, I own the One and had no issues paying $499 for it but, many others did regardless of the reason behind it. :D

Nice to see them releasing games on both XBox and Windows. Hope they do some things to the Windows version of the games to make them more "PC" like and not just console rip-offs.

Back