MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM Reaches DDR4 4605MHz Clock Speed

HardOCP News

[H] News
MSI's brand new Z170 based motherboard, the MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION, just showed off its outstanding overclocking performance in dual-channel DDR4 memory by achieving world's highest DDR4 Memory Frequency at a staggering 4605MHz clock speed. Indicating just how effective MSI's new DDR4 BOOST technology is in optimizing memory performance on Intel's latest Z170 based motherboards. This achievement shows that the new Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION not only pushes the boundaries of single-channel memory speed but also performs amazingly in dual-channel memory.

At what point does the memory speed stop being much of a boost to system performance? If I remember right, it's only in the 2800 range for x99 systems.

With a clock speed of 800mhz on the processor, there is little point in running the memory at that speed.:rolleyes:

I'm supposed to be impressed by that? I think not. Show me a 4+Ghz processor running that memory speed and I'd be a little impressed.

Too bad that is only with 2 cores enabled on a $350 dollar cpu. Oh and what happened to 5GHz on the skylakes as well :rolleyes:

I'm afraid to ask what that motherboard cost! Looks cool with the white PCB.

Too bad that is only with 2 cores enabled on a $350 dollar cpu. Oh and what happened to 5GHz on the skylakes as well :rolleyes:

I'm afraid to ask what that motherboard cost! Looks cool with the white PCB.

$300 at Newegg for preorder. It's silver though, not white. Actually looks to have some nice features. I'm considering it over the Asus ROG board.

The appearance doesn't mean much to me. I usually even prefer to use cases without a window.

I buy motherboards like I do all other components (with the exception maybe of the case) which is performance and features /cost. All the little LEDs and color schemes are really just a distraction to me.

It's how it looks on screen that counts :p

The memory would cost more than my system and the CPU would not be able to overclock, so this is pointless

I think the silver board looks terrible, but to each their own. I love the red and black look but it's pretty overplayed right now so it's good to have options. I may end up looking at one of MSI Krait Edition black and white boards for my next system, even thought I'm not fond of Windows they just look really sharp.

You know, I just remembered, I used to have a motherboard that was a very similar colour. Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra, I guess everything old is new again.

DSCF0011_lg.jpg

Man this was ugly, but I won it in a contest (Not my picture).

Last edited:
I think the silver board looks terrible, but to each their own. I love the red and black look but it's pretty overplayed right now so it's good to have options. I may end up looking at one of MSI Krait Edition black and white boards for my next system, even thought I'm not fond of Windows they just look really sharp.

You know, I just remembered, I used to have a motherboard that was a very similar colour. Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra, I guess everything old is new again.

DSCF0011_lg.jpg

Man this was ugly, but I won it in a contest (Not my picture).

wow that is some ugly electronics right there

Only Soyo board I ever had was a replacement for a Pentium III s370 Abit board, lasted a couple months. Had an awfully located ATX connector just like that VIA board...

I used one of those KT Dragon Ultras, I believe it's downstairs in a stack of motherboard boxes. The silver really did look nice but ya those expansion slot colors, ugh.

This board looks enticing but I'm confused about the product page. They have pictures of the LAN socket and it says it's Intel i219, yet at the very bottom of the page under Connectivity where they show the I/O panel, it states:
4) Killer LAN Port
If it really is Intel LAN the board will be on my short list.

I used one of those KT Dragon Ultras, I believe it's downstairs in a stack of motherboard boxes. The silver really did look nice but ya those expansion slot colors, ugh.

This board looks enticing but I'm confused about the product page. They have pictures of the LAN socket and it says it's Intel i219, yet at the very bottom of the page under Connectivity where they show the I/O panel, it states:
4) Killer LAN Port
If it really is Intel LAN the board will be on my short list.

Nice catch I didnt see that, Manual says "1x Intel I219-V Gigabit LAN controller"

My guess is someone copy pasted in a hurry and didn't notice on the web page, I would hope the manual is correct

Back