Why Won't Julian Assange Condemn Ecuador's Spying Software?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Why doesn't Assange condemn Ecuador's spying? Umm, probably because he's a big fat hypocrite.

According to the leaked emails hosted on Wikileaks, Ecuador’s National Intelligence Secretariat (SENAIN) is among the Hacking Team clients. The emails chronicle how SENAIN purchased Hacking Team’s Remote Access Software, an extensive and invasive hacking tool that lets governments hijack phones, intercept messages, and record keystrokes and conversations.

In other news, why doesn't snowden criticize Russia's spying?
Because he'd be an idiot to do so.

Who comes up with these awful questions?

Yeah, I am no Assange fan, but I will say that it is much harder to stand up for your beliefs when you are reliant on not offending certain people for your well being.

To go all Godwins law on the thing, much harder to speak out against antisemitism in Nazi Germany than in - say - modern U.S.

People stand up for their beliefs when threatened to a certain extent. Some can afford to be or want to be heroes and not care about their own well-being, others can't or won't.

There are a lot of things I believe in and very vocally so. Would I do the same with a gun to my head? probably not.

Is it because I am a hypocrite? No. it's because I'm not an idiot.

At first glance I read "Julian Assange Condom" and thought it was a new up-and-coming brand of contraception.

Julian Assange condom... where all your future kids are guaranteed to be shot in the head!

Another "riddle" for you.
Guess why the Republican party does not criticize the coal industry?

The statute of limitations for what he's wanted for questioning end this month IIRC. He'll soon have a chance to bite the hands that feed him.

The statute of limitations for what he's wanted for questioning end this month IIRC. He'll soon have a chance to bite the hands that feed him.

I thought he was wanted for rape allegations in Sweden?

Really surprising there would be such a short statute of limitations for rape in Sweden of all places, one of the highest ranked nations when it comes to gender equality.

Read and comprehend.........

So basically, he's being questioned as to why he won't criticize the Ecuadorean government for the "spying" software.

Well, it's right fricking there:

So, spying on CORRUPT government officials is a crime suddenly?

North and South America is full of corrupt government officials unfortunately.

And did anyone else enjoyed the Wikileaks video: Collateral Murder?

Guess spaying and covering go hand in hand.

The party in power is spying on the opposition and you have no problem with it? You'd make Richard Nixon proud.

Why do you think Obama was suddenly like all: "The Wars I said I would end, we won't for a long time, and that expiring patriot act we all waited for, we're doubling up on; because, Terrorism Y'know!"

:)

Zarathustra[H];1041777838 said:
I thought he was wanted for rape allegations in Sweden?

Really surprising there would be such a short statute of limitations for rape in Sweden of all places, one of the highest ranked nations when it comes to gender equality.

If they charge him with the crime before then they won't. Assange is relying on the idea that they won't do that.

Back