Windows 10 Is Coming To The Xbox One In November

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft announced at its Gamescom press conference that Windows 10 would be available on the Xbox One in November.

Microsoft first revealed its redesigned Xbox One dashboard back at E3 earlier this year, and now the company is announcing that it will arrive on consoles in November. Powered by Windows 10, the new dashboard includes features that focus on speed and performance, and a design that's a lot more simplified.

Kinect works great but needs improvement. (Especially in the voice and gesture controls.) Having too say, XBox on 5 times sometimes is not good at all.

The original dashboard was designed around Kinect, not navigating with a controller. This new dashboard is designed around using a controller again. Thus, "patching out Kinect."

Why does the video have to look like crap though and will not go to high definition?

It needs something. The XBone interface is a horrid pile of dog crap.

It needs something. The XBone interface is a horrid pile of dog crap.
I don't think the interface itself is bad, it is just organized horribly to the point of being nonsensical. Why could they just not build off of what they had with the Xbox 360 at EOL?

The original dashboard was designed around Kinect, not navigating with a controller. This new dashboard is designed around using a controller again. Thus, "patching out Kinect."

Except the quickest way to switch between games and apps will still be with the kinect even after the update. It's pretty nifty if you don't have issues with it. :cool:

No matter how good this might be for Xbox owners, it still can't overcome the deficit of its 768 shaders versus the PS4's 1,152.

I don't think the interface itself is bad, it is just organized horribly to the point of being nonsensical. Why could they just not build off of what they had with the Xbox 360 at EOL?

I agree. I felt recent tiles layout felt more like the old blade layout of the 360. I really want to defend my xbone but the UI is just terrible, I really hope this new layout is better. I get so tired of having to tab way over to browse one thing or the other. Also going "back" never works well, it usually equates to exit

Graphics aside the ps4 is horrible

If you're comparing a PS4 to a PC, yeah sure. If you're talking about console vs console then just no. Not by a long shot.

The PS4 GUI is just fine, simple and quick, actually scratch that.... simple and fast. I have no issue doing multiple things on the fly in the gui while in game. Like adding a friend, joining a party, editing my audio headset settings and changing party settings quickly them getting back into my game before its done loading, like I have to do when playing GTA. The only issue I've had is with NAT issues regarding voice chat, which can require a restart of the game or something similar sometimes which is a hassle.

Other then that, the PS4 has slightly better hardware. And lastly it's just done to controller and game preference which is just opinion. I really don't see how anyone who isn't just a fanboy can say how one console is "horrible" and one is good. They're far too similar. Not even mid range handicapped PC's with a custom GUI and controller. It's just opinion.

What do you think is uglier, the current Xbox One interface or the purple shirt that guy is wearing.

BSOD Coming To The Xbox One In November?

I like to make fun of MS as much as the next guy, but honestly, whens the last time you saw a BSOD that wasn't caused by a shitty intel video driver?

If you're comparing a PS4 to a PC, yeah sure. If you're talking about console vs console then just no. Not by a long shot.

The PS4 GUI is just fine, simple and quick, actually scratch that.... simple and fast. I have no issue doing multiple things on the fly in the gui while in game. Like adding a friend, joining a party, editing my audio headset settings and changing party settings quickly them getting back into my game before its done loading, like I have to do when playing GTA. The only issue I've had is with NAT issues regarding voice chat, which can require a restart of the game or something similar sometimes which is a hassle.

Other then that, the PS4 has significantly better hardware. And lastly it's just done to controller and game preference which is just opinion. I really don't see how anyone who isn't just a fanboy can say how one console is "horrible" and one is good. They're far too similar. Not even mid range handicapped PC's with a custom GUI and controller. It's just opinion.

FTFY. Almost 50% more graphics hardware in addition to over four times the system memory bandwidth I wouldn't characterize as "slightly." Sure, the eDRAM offsets that somewhat, but it's not enough.

Other than that I agree with your assessment. I've had significant hands on time with a friend's PS4, and do plan on buying my own eventually.

You own one?

I do and its absolutely terrible. Thank Christ they are gutting that bs and replacing it with something that a) doesn't chug slow as hell and b) is very user friendly to a controller.

It is shaping up to be great and they have made a ton of strides but lets face facts it just was not going to work. New one looks a hell of a lot better.

Back