People Sleep, Shower, Use Toilet With Their Phones

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Most folks seem addicted to their smartphones, and Motorola's new survey shows how far people have gone. Who the heck showers with their phone?

One in six smartphone users said they used their phones while showering, and more than half---54 percent---said they would reach for the smartphone before saving their cat in the event of a fire.

I've never seen a shower-proof phone but I guess they exist.

I don't sleep with my phone in my hand, but I have adopted a bad habit of putting my iPad on my nightstand. My alarm clock even has a USB port to charge it.

I'm surprised more people don't take the phone to the toilet. Any random day in the bathroom stalls at work one can hear buzzing and beeping and people having full-blown conversations. I silence mine but hey solitaire can pass the time.

Yeah, the toilet thing is surprising that it's so low. They day of newspapers and magazines is practically gone, not everyone just sits squeezes and flushes, some of us take our time, phones are the new way of "doing something" while you're trying to do the do-do

Yeah, the toilet thing is surprising that it's so low. They day of newspapers and magazines is practically gone, not everyone just sits squeezes and flushes, some of us take our time, phones are the new way of "doing something" while you're trying to do the do-do

It is the best time to go ahead and read news. I even exclusively read the news while on the shitter.

more than half---54 percent---said they would reach for the smartphone before saving their cat in the event of a fire.

A phone is a lot more expensive to replace than a cat :)

Besides, how are you going to call 911 to report the fire with a cat?

I play agar.io when I'm pooping. My nickname is "I am pooping."

And in a fire I'd save my animals before my phone. Probably because I buy cheap phones.

Wow. I do none of the above. I have it with me when I go out, but if it's a restaurant it stays in the car. At home, it sits on my desk. If there was a fire - fuck the phone. I know my wife will have hers. It's attached to her.

I have some waterproof phones, but i also use non waterproof devices in the shower,like a nexus 7 and ipad 3 for a few years now, its no worse than being out in 100% humidity. No issues with any of them, unless you drop them. Good for news, and controlling openhab in the morning. However even if your device is waterproof, capacitive touchscreens don't work well with splashes, which act like swipe inputs, and can inadvetantly send random threatening emails to your boss or dial overseas family members if you dont dry it frequently (only on Android, i've gone back to my ipad after a few accidents). Echo seems to work well, but a bit pricey to buy just for the bathroom.

I have on occasion sat the phone on top of the shower to listen to music, but I do have a dedicated iPod in the bathroom for that. The advantage is my watch can control my phone....it's usually when I just got a new album and I listen to it over and over for a couple days.

I never understood why people take a shit and use their phone. I do my business and get out.

I read a study a couple years back saying that something like 75% of cellphones have fecal matter on them.

I never understood why people take a shit and use their phone. I do my business and get out.

I read a study a couple years back saying that something like 75% of cellphones have fecal matter on them.

...because A. what else are you going to do in those precious seconds and B. It's the best way to inconspicuously take a break without your boss seeing you wasting time.

On a grosser note, make sure to wash your hands well after using your phone, because it's a great way to get pink eye...
I'm currently reading and posting this as I take a crap.
Lol!

My phone sits on my desk in the garage. I leave it there when I go to bed unless I need to get up at a certain time and I'll use it as an alarm clock.

I used to take my ipad with me to the toilet and watch tv while a took a dump, but due to my messed up hips, I have to use both hands on my cane to get around.

Does having the phone on the sink blasting music while I'm in the shower count as having it with me when I shower?

Hah, so the real reason why some manufacturers have made their phones water-resistant/waterproof; because people shower with their phones?!? WTF?!?

So if you see people cleaning their phone of brown smudges, it might not be chocolate....

54 percent---said they would reach for the smartphone before saving their cat in the event of a fire.[/I]

x_4b7fdb61.jpg

There were so many accidents due to the use of the phone in the bathroom. Do not understand why people do this. :confused:

I play agar.io when I'm pooping. My nickname is "I am pooping."

And in a fire I'd save my animals before my phone. Probably because I buy cheap phones.

Oh god, what have you shown me?!

Back