Real-Life Mission: Impossible Tech

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Tom Cruise is back on the big screen this week in Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation. Per franchise tradition, there is bit of radical tech used in the film---but did you know that a lot of them actually exist?

While much of that is just Hollywood running wild with its imagination, the truth is, some Mission: Impossible tech has actually become reality. Google, BMW, and even crafty thieves have taken concepts from the film and made them happen in real life.

I know it's a form of religious discrimination, but I just can't look at Tom "Scientology" Cruise and take him serious.

/Or any other scientologist for that matter. Guess I'll burn.

I thought that faux-hallway projector screen from ghost protocol was pretty sweet. I like the MI movies actually. There was 1 or 2 that were just so so but they're enjoyable to watch.

lol, the mention of scientology and then the site having a virus.
I avoid Tom Cruise after his mental issues too.

Yup, I got the nasty virus site and hard sell to have it removed too.

I know most of us know better. Not a safe link.

I don't think it was mental health issues primarily, I believe the "church" gave him the flashy attention he craved, made him feel like he's special, and he fell for the lies. Scientology got a lot from this.
Played into his shallow ego, and used him for the fool he ultimately is.

lol, the mention of scientology and then the site having a virus.
I avoid Tom Cruise after his mental issues too.

I hear he left Scientology because of his daughter. But does one ever REALLY leave a cult?

Back