Building A Slinky Escalator

It was pretty cool. I'd say I've seen cooler things but hey, it worked. Kind of wished he came up with a gear reduction/motor/speed controller instead of the hand crank though, that would have been cooler.

It was pretty cool. I'd say I've seen cooler things but hey, it worked. Kind of wished he came up with a gear reduction/motor/speed controller instead of the hand crank though, that would have been cooler.

yeah.

He could do it easily with a stepper motor and a rudimentary controller.

Now we just need a world record for the longest time you can crank the slinky escalator without it falling off.

Motor shmotor! He could build an "escalator" that is counter-balanced with the slinky's weight so it's self-powering!

I couldn't. But he could.

My favorite part is how he uses square wheels to power the whole thing. It just seems counter-intuitive to me for some reason.

Might be neat as a game to see who can get the longest run... or like other said, integrate a smart motor controller with sensors to automatically adjust for speed, add a plexi-glass panel on the front to keep it from falling out...

Anyways, fun stuff :)

I've been watching his videos for some time now and the man is a genius with woodworking. He's a tad bit awkward and a bit nerdy but you'd be surprised at the range of stuff he makes. Bandsaws, pantorouters, tablesaws, dust collection systems... all from wood. Dude is epic.

Back