NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Recall

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA is voluntarily recalling SHIELD tablets sold between July 2014 and July 2015 because of battery fire concerns.

NVIDIA has announced a recall of its SHIELD tablets, sold between July 2014 and July 2015. NVIDIA has determined the battery in these tablets can overheat and pose a fire hazard. As part of this recall, NVIDIA will be replacing the tablet. NVIDIA is also asking consumers to stop using the recalled tablet, except as needed to participate in the recall and back up data.

Wow that's terrible.

Wait til you see all the Nvidia haters pile up on this one.

I don't care who it is...this is just ridiculous to see this kind of thing.

Wow that's terrible.

Wait til you see all the Nvidia haters pile up on this one.

I don't care who it is...this is just ridiculous to see this kind of thing.

Every time Nvidia does something terrible, somebody has to say "OMG Nvidia haters gonna have a field day with dis". If only Nvidia didn't fuck up so often.

1115582.jpg

oxf9z.jpg

801366d1422201917-gtx-970-berichte-ueber-nur-3-5-gibyte-nutzbarer-vram-nvidia-meeting.jpg

Every time Nvidia does something terrible, somebody has to say "OMG Nvidia haters gonna have a field day with dis". If only Nvidia didn't fuck up so often.

How often do you hear about batteries issue with nVidia's SHIELD?

Stuff like that happens even to the biggest companies. Doesn't mean people have to be juvenile about it with internet meme.

They issued a voluntary recall for this issue.

Not sure why anybody would be hating on them for something like this.

And I am no fan of Nvidia.

Nvidia manufactured the battery?

Nvidia manufacturers their chips? I think it's Samsung now right?

How often do you hear about batteries issue with nVidia's SHIELD?
How many Shield Tablet products are in the market? One just one.
Stuff like that happens even to the biggest companies. Doesn't mean people have to be juvenile about it with internet meme.
Doesn't mean we should ignore this either. Recalls are also probably cheaper than getting sued when someone gets third degree burns.

Good on them, but we all know it's recall cost vs lawsuit vs number of units that'll fail etc etc..

But better than sitting on the problem.. Jeep.. GM.. etc.

Good on them, but we all know it's recall cost vs lawsuit vs number of units that'll fail etc etc..

But better than sitting on the problem.. Jeep.. GM.. etc.

There's more concern than just lawsuits these days. The government can nail you with fines or worse if they determine that there was a dangerous fault you knew about and didn't fix. Particularly for something that is a fire hazard and that might be used on a plane.

Basically lawsuits aside, the government can make it very expensive not to do a recall.

Back