Intel Core i7 5775C Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
Another review of the Intel Core i7 5775C processor has hit the internet today. This time around it is the crew at Overclockers Club doing the reviewing.

That being said, Intel left some meat on the bone for the enthusiast when it came time to overclock the Core i7 5775C. A speed of 4.1GHz was not a problem for this core with nothing more than bumping the core clock multiplier to 41. Sweet and simple with nothing else needed.

At 4.2GHz, you have to start applying additional voltage (1.255v) to get the speed stable and at 4.3GHz, you need an even higher level of voltage to finally reach a stable overclock. It took 1.375v to get stable at the 4.3GHz mark. A 4.4GHz speed can be done, but with this processor, voltages up to 1.45v were needed to get it benchmark stable; for long term use it may not be the best option for scaring up some performance.

Hopefully Skylake doesn't suck as much

1.45v may lead to premature failure. I do wonder what liquid nitrogen cooling would be like on this chip.

I just don't see the target audience being what they are pushing it toward.

Casual gamers don't buy $340 CPUs.

Moderate or Serious gamers don't use integrated graphics and sure as heck don't buy a CPU for $340 that is slower than another CPU that is the same price.

Can't see a use for this outside of disposable income media systems. It would make a rocking living room media PC that can play a game now and then. But most people want to build the whole PC for $340, not just buy the CPU for that. :)

1.45v may lead to premature failure. I do wonder what liquid nitrogen cooling would be like on this chip.

Ummmm, this is not a new figure. I remember with SandyBridge anything over 1.45v would mean 6 months max working time. Here I am 4.5 years later still kicking @ 1.49v on air cooling.....

That "may lead" is a very broad term and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Ummmm, this is not a new figure. I remember with SandyBridge anything over 1.45v would mean 6 months max working time. Here I am 4.5 years later still kicking @ 1.49v on air cooling.....

That "may lead" is a very broad term and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Ummmm, Sandy Bridge isn't a 14nm processor.

Back