The Biggest eSports Event Ever! The International 2015 Dota 2 Championships

HardOCP News

[H] News
The tension builds up, we’re just days away from the biggest eSports event ever! The 5-day long event will be hosted from August 3rd to August 8th at the Key Arena in Seattle, USA. The tournament prize pool currently sits at $17,782,495 USD, making this the biggest prize pool ever in eSports history, breaking the previous record held by The International 2014 tournament which featured a $10,931,103 USD prize pool.

This year’s tournament has a similar format as the previous year, it features 16 teams with 8 teams in the winner’s bracket and 8 teams in the loser’s bracket. The first round of the event will be a best-of-one, and the later rounds will be double elimination bracket, best-of-three. It’s always fun to witness history, so don’t miss out and witness this with us! Be sure to check out The International 2015 streaming schedule so you can follow your favorite teams and players!

These games are fun to watch. The commentators are mostly high skill players themselves and give great calls and reasons to the plays the teams are making. Good stuff.

thats a lot of money. I dont even really know what dota is. but that is still a lot of dough

thats a lot of money. I dont even really know what dota is. but that is still a lot of dough

If you've never played a MOBA, well in laymans terms, it's like a chess game involving characters you control at real time. 5 v 5 game where each player controls a hero that you pick for the strategy your team is going for in an attempt to counter the other teams strategy and heroes. Positioning, reaction speed, teamwork and critical thinking are key in this type of game as you have to be able to adjust the play quickly when things aren't going your way. It's a fun game but can be incredibly frustrating because you need to rely on your team mates to be capable of situational awareness or leadership skills.

Dota, breaks out to being one person can screw the rest of the team over.mobas tend to have the most toxic player base, kinda like real sports.

Dota, breaks out to being one person can screw the rest of the team over.mobas tend to have the most toxic player base, kinda like real sports.

I tend to play 5 humans versus bots with my friends and that is a lot less stressful. I'm a recreational player though.

Back