Rockstar On GTA5 Framerate

HardOCP News

[H] News
Although no fix is available just yet, Rockstar says it is looking into the framerate issue that has cropped up after the 1.28 PC patch.

Question: After updating GTAV to 1.28 on PC, I’m noticing considerably lower framerate. Is this issue being looked into?

Answer: We have received reports of lower framerate in GTAV and GTA Online after Title Update 1.28 on PC, and we are looking into these reports now. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification as soon as there is more information, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.

Did Nvidia have a hand in GTAV? Have you tried turning Nvidia off and then on again?

Overall, I am enjoying GTA V on the PC. The experience could be better however. It seems like every time I get things tuned just right to make the gameplay both smooth and beautiful, something gets updated, then everything requires more tweaking. The patches coming from RGSC are terrible as well. I missed out on the chance to play over most of the weekend because the game was stuck in the middle of a patch that would not download the rest of the way, but was also not able to be rolled back or ignored for whatever reason.

Update didn't affect my framerate much but did introduce shuddering, especially while driving. I will be at 70FPS and get consistent shudders, sometimes to the point of causing loss of control. I'm glad they recognized this and are looking into it, shame they think it was caused by the anti-moding prevention, seems like it would of been better if they just never introduced it in general. Let's just hope its all fixed soon.

It was actually better over the weekend than it was the first couple days of 1.28. Now it's just an annoying stutter that you can still play through most of the time.

Initially you'd just lose control of your vehicle for 1-2 seconds at a time(making it next to impossible to do anything resembling a race) while the framerate crapped out, trying to buy armor at ammunation resulted in a 5-7 second stall(the game would just lag to the point of a freezeframe before the armor selection menu would appear), firing the minigun would drag you from 60 to 10fps while being unable to aim it in a straight line, inputs would seemingly get ignored(have to hit the button 2-3 times to detonate a sticky bomb on occasion), tennis was impossible to try and play as a daily objective, etc.

The change in the behavior indicates to me that rockstar did something server side, and the bitching from the single player modders is just that, bitching because they like to pretend rockstar claimed they would fully support SP modding(they never did). If it was rockstar trying to stop multiplayer modding, that didn't last long because the cheaters were online spawning crap in, being invincible, randomly blowing people up from across the map, and shooting explosive minigun moneybags the next morning.

ermahgerd, Nvidia's Blackbox, end of PC gaming as we all know it!!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!! :eek:

Some people can't think a step beyond what's for breakfast. If closed gaming tools became the norm then don't expect your hobby to be affordable for long when it's controlled by one company.

Creative labs did something like this with audio, it stagnated for over 20 years, they locked surround audio up in patents and sued other companies out of the market, rip Aureal and quality surround PC audio, they won in court but filed for bankruptcy due to legal costs.

Speaking as an nVidia user that sees where this is going based on past history.

Back