2015 Best Of E3 Winners Announced

HardOCP News

[H] News
The results are finally in for the Best of E3 Awards and it looks like Fallout 4 cleaned-up with multiple wins, including Best of Show.

Welcome to the website for the Game Critics Awards, an independent group of 40 global media outlets which cover the videogame industry. Each year the Game Critics present its Best of E3 Awards. These awards recognize the games that will shape the future of interactive entertainment, as demonstrated via hands-on playable form at the E3 Expo in Los Angeles, CA. This year's E3 was held June 16-18, 2015.

Ah the first round of awards for AAA games that don't even exist yet.

What an awesome industry.

Fallout 4 rules cause it's a slow paced game with substance.
I preordered

I was amused by the fact that Oculus has the best hardware/peripheral 3 years running...yet I can't buy a retail version yet.

Best Racing Game
Need for Speed

:rolleyes:

On the surface, i agree. however supposedly this new installment is quite the return to original form for the franchise. where as the Forza's, the Gran Turismo's, the Project Cars, etc are all "Now with more HD!" installments of their already great games.

Which do you give the award to? the one that is significantly changing, or the one that has slightly more "oohhhh, shiny" than before?

I just find E3 awards to be useless. I mean awards like "best online multiplayer"? This cannot even be tested yet and anything EA releases online multiplayer is usually rough for months, good in the end but terrible launches.

Also go back through the E3 awards for previous years, there are some laughs in there. Last year tied was arkham knight and sunset overdrive.

No mans sky won playstation 4 game...

I also personally don't like showing of something multiple years in a row. If you need to keep showing it to keep media momentum odds are in the end it won't be such a great game.(it is what worries me about The Division).

On the surface, i agree. however supposedly this new installment is quite the return to original form for the franchise. where as the Forza's, the Gran Turismo's, the Project Cars, etc are all "Now with more HD!" installments of their already great games.

Which do you give the award to? the one that is significantly changing, or the one that has slightly more "oohhhh, shiny" than before?
The award was for best racing game, not most innovative. The E3 demo of Need for Speed looked more like an "oohhhh, shiny" version of Carbon to me than anything significantly different. The "drifting" was especially cringe-worthy.

Ah the first round of awards for AAA games that don't even exist yet.

What an awesome industry.

Lol, was thinking the same thing. How can this be the best game when it isn't even out yet. Maybe most anticipated game but surely it can't be best when nobody has played it. E3 has been a joke for what, like past 10-15 years. I was honestly surprised to even hear that name in the news at all.

Lol, was thinking the same thing. How can this be the best game when it isn't even out yet. Maybe most anticipated game but surely it can't be best when nobody has played it. E3 has been a joke for what, like past 10-15 years. I was honestly surprised to even hear that name in the news at all.

"And the award for best advertising goes to: AAA game VII"

When I realised just how many "game of the year" awards are given out I realised that there are far more awards than there are games to award them to.

Fallout 4 rules cause it's a slow paced game with substance.
I preordered

Well, we don't really know how the pacing will go or what the final game will look like. There's prior experience based on the kinda stuff Bethesda usually makes, though I wouldn't start taking tons of bets yet on what it'll be like in final form.

Still though, I wouldn't blame anyone for preordering it either. It seems that there'll end up being a huge modding community that supports it for a long time. Personally, I'll probably get a copy after it's been patched and DLCed and there's a like single pack with all that stuff together on some kinda Steam sale. By that point, I won't have to worry about system requirements very much and a much more power and price efficient processor GPU in a budget laptop or tablet will have a better chance at running it well.

Back