BBC Is Listing Pages Removed By Right-To-Be-Forgotten

HardOCP News

[H] News
Gee, thanks BBC, so much for people's right to be forgotten. :rolleyes:

We are doing this primarily as a contribution to public policy. We think it is important that those with an interest in the “right to be forgotten” can ascertain which articles have been affected by the ruling. We hope it will contribute to the debate about this issue. We also think the integrity of the BBC’s online archive is important and, although the pages concerned remain published on BBC Online, removal from Google searches makes parts of that archive harder to find.

If something was truly libelous there are legal channels to try and remove things ... if something isn't libelous I think the right to be forgotten was ripe for abuse so I don't see anything wrong with a site indicating things they were forced to change

Good for them I say. Just because the EU doesn't understand how the internet works doesn't mean everyone else should. If it is truly illegal or libel then have a court shut down the hosting server, not simply be removed from search.

They have every right to do this as far as I am concerned.

If something was truly libelous there are legal channels to try and remove things ... if something isn't libelous I think the right to be forgotten was ripe for abuse so I don't see anything wrong with a site indicating things they were forced to change
Hi Google, I'm KBrickley and I would like this comment removed from search results, as I retract it and have a right that it is forgotten. Thank you. ;)

Good for them I say. Just because the EU doesn't understand how the internet works doesn't mean everyone else should. If it is truly illegal or libel then have a court shut down the hosting server, not simply be removed from search.

They know how the internet works, they just know that shutting down the index of the internet is the easiest and most logical thing. Good luck finding a book in a library without a catalog system.

Agreed. Already some bad actors are using this to remove documentation of their crimes, frauds, etc.

Back