Verizon Completes Its $4.4B Purchase Of AOL

HardOCP News

[H] News
Raise your hand if you think AOL is worth $4 billion. Anyone? Hello?

Time Warner spun out AOL in 2009 following a roughly $160 billion combination nine years earlier that's now considered one of the biggest deal-making blunders in US corporate history. For Verizon, the AOL deal allows it to take control of a set of online advertising tools Armstrong pulled together through acquisitions in the past few years.

Hey, Verizon... I've got this old piggy bank filled with loose change -- even a few silver dollars. How about... say, $2 million? It's a steal!

They wouldn't have bought it for that if they didn't think it wasn't worth it.

They wouldn't have bought it for that if they didn't think it wasn't worth it.

The media groups that AOL owns is enough for Verizon.

Huffington Post, Engadget, TechCrunch. They can push their anti Net Neutrality stuff through them.

The media groups that AOL owns is enough for Verizon.

Huffington Post, Engadget, TechCrunch. They can push their anti Net Neutrality stuff through them.

Those sites are all content farm garbage with little to no original content and definitely not worth $4.4 BILLION dollars. Their user-base and advertising dollars are a probably worth a few million each at the very most.

Those sites are all content farm garbage with little to no original content and definitely not worth $4.4 BILLION dollars. Their user-base and advertising dollars are a probably worth a few million each at the very most.

Look at their user base. It could be worth 4.4 Billion bucks to change the minds of some people...

Does this mean Verizon is going to start handing out free AOL CDs?

If they're smart, they'll move over all of AOL's customers to their service and shut everything down.

Fleecing old people is definitely the top one. A close second is refusing to comply with service termination requests.

Lol. I remember calling them to terminate my ex's account that I was paying for. It took at least an hour.

Back