Undo Send For Gmail On The Web

HardOCP News

[H] News
Google announced today that it is formally adding the “undo send” option for web based Gmail users.

'Undo Send' allows people using Gmail to cancel a sent mail if they have second thoughts immediately after sending. The feature is turned off by default for those not currently using the Labs version, and can be enabled from the General tab in Gmail settings.

this sounds like they may delay sending an e-mail, hense it working immediately after sending

Next up.. mandated triple or higher verification before sending emails.

Send .... Do you really want to send this?

What??? Yes... are you sure?

I already pressed send twice. Yes... Are you really sure?

Screaming at computer/phone/whatever... Yes... Once you send this it can't be unsent. Do you really want to send it?

Banging head against wall. If you ask me one more time, I will destroy you. Yes... One last chance. Are you sure you want to send it?

Grabs computer, goes to the roof of the highest building around and throws it off.

Yeah, this is going to turn out good.

Come on people.. an unsend option is just stupid. Or are people too stupid to actually think before they do? And yes, I already know the answer to this. The world is doomed.

Next up.. mandated triple or higher verification before sending emails.

Send .... Do you really want to send this?

What??? Yes... are you sure?

I already pressed send twice. Yes... Are you really sure?

Screaming at computer/phone/whatever... Yes... Once you send this it can't be unsent. Do you really want to send it?

Banging head against wall. If you ask me one more time, I will destroy you. Yes... One last chance. Are you sure you want to send it?

Grabs computer, goes to the roof of the highest building around and throws it off.

Yeah, this is going to turn out good.

Come on people.. an unsend option is just stupid. Or are people too stupid to actually think before they do? And yes, I already know the answer to this. The world is doomed.

lol!

srsly tho, why wouldnt this be enabled by default.

I must have turned it on years ago, as I thought it was just a feature of gmail.

I've used it a few times after accidentally sending an email that wasn't complete.

Not really "undo" it is delayed sending. Great. Now Google has given my users a phrase that is meaningless in the real world of email.

"Just unsend it and get it back for me. I didn't mean to send our entire corporate pricing structure to that customer."

Morans.

Yeah, this is just delayed sending. I've had it enabled in Labs for years, used it a few times too.

Anyone remember the AOL client email would actually unsend an email to another AOL user as long as the recipient hasn't read it yet? I always thought that was pretty neat.

Wtf man, its just an unsend button not the end of the world.

Yeah, this is just delayed sending. I've had it enabled in Labs for years, used it a few times too.

Anyone remember the AOL client email would actually unsend an email to another AOL user as long as the recipient hasn't read it yet? I always thought that was pretty neat.

You've got mai......oh wait...what? Where did it go?

Exchange will do this for recipients in your domain.

Come on guys, this is Google we are talking about, it's not some cheap delayed sending trick. Rather, Google has it's fingers in every dark corner of the interwebz. All your passwords and mail server admin logins are already data-mined. They just go in and remove the recipient's email.

Back