NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 353.30

HardOCP News

[H] News
The folks at NVIDIA sent word that the brand new GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 353.30 is now available.

Just in time for the highly anticipated title Batman: Arkham Knight this new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience. With support for GeForce SLI technology and one-click game setting optimizations within GeForce Experience, you'll have the best possible performance and image quality during gameplay.

the question everyone wants to know is if it fixes the driver crash issue

man please work at least as good as the hotfix .12
really tired of the last few causing issues
shit no fixed issues lol, still will give them a roll.

Last edited:
Guess I'll upgrade. Maybe my random crashes to desktop in witcher3 will be resolved (probably not).

One thing I don't understand are the suggested settings for games. I have a titan-x and the suggested settings for witcher 3 are ridiculously low. Like low/medium quality. They advertised these optimal settings are a great feature but their implementation/detection is worthless.

Haven't gotten any TDRs yet with chrome, it used to happen pretty reliably, pretty much as soon as core clock rose.

Is G-sync on the desktop still an issue? I'm guessing it is since I don't see anything in the release notes about it...

I've noticed recently that G-Sync will randomly turn off like it should when I exit a game. I have not been able to figure out what the catalyst is, though. I would really like to find out.

not familiar with this issue, pls explain?
In the name of Windows 10 compatibility (Manuel_G's explanation from GeForce.com forums), NVIDIA has changed driver behavior to continuously report to the attached display that G-Sync is active if enabled in the NVCP. As a result, ULMB or traditional V-Sync behavior cannot be resumed on the desktop unless the user explicitly disables G-Sync in the NVCP. Supposedly the driver team is looking at a better way to compromise with WDDM 2.0.

At least you got one. There hasn't been a final WHQL update from AMD since December 2014. And the Beta is buggy as hell.

Not to surprising. AMD Notebook drivers go just as long. If you expected more... you're sadly mistaken. AMD would rather spend the thousands on making "The Fixer" video's versus actually pouring their money into Drivers but than again same boat with their graphics cards in general AND their CPU's.

Money is better spent in Advertisements than actual development and would rather sing the praises on how "Gaming Evolved" and what not AMD is... but reality they're lack luster and poor performance. Than again.. they are cheaper... but hey.. great for those who want to put up with second rate hardware and support.

Guess I'll upgrade. Maybe my random crashes to desktop in witcher3 will be resolved (probably not).

One thing I don't understand are the suggested settings for games. I have a titan-x and the suggested settings for witcher 3 are ridiculously low. Like low/medium quality. They advertised these optimal settings are a great feature but their implementation/detection is worthless.

I agree the suggested settings have some very odd ideas.

I have a desktop resolution of 5760*1080 and every single suggested setting says 3840*720. This includes titles I run at 60 fps+ at full resolution all settings at max.

These drivers are awful, my god. Black screens non-stop.

Previous ones were smooth as butter.

What kind of crap machines are you problem children running? I've never had a issue with green team drivers! Not one! Chrome crashes,,, black screens and all sorts of other junk? WTF,,, you claim to build solid machines and ,,,,, OOOO the drivers.

I've never even had a AMD card and driver foul a machine over all. I think you babys have junk builds.....

What kind of crap machines are you problem children running? I've never had a issue with green team drivers! Not one! Chrome crashes,,, black screens and all sorts of other junk? WTF,,, you claim to build solid machines and ,,,,, OOOO the drivers.

I've never even had a AMD card and driver foul a machine over all. I think you babys have junk builds.....

I'm almost certain most of their driver crashes are related to unstable overclocks or shitty 3rd party software.

Lol, nvidia shills with their excuses.

Rolled back and everything is fine now.

I agree the suggested settings have some very odd ideas.

I have a desktop resolution of 5760*1080 and every single suggested setting says 3840*720. This includes titles I run at 60 fps+ at full resolution all settings at max.

I don't think GFE recognizes SLI when it's calculating the suggestion? So people running surround get wacky recommendations? Thought I read that somewhere recently.

Yeah... everyone had totally solid gaming machines right up until TW3's driver release... and they coincidentally all became crap builds at that exact moment. Makes sense to me.

There has been widespread reports of getting driver crashes since that driver was released. Tons of them. On every tech forum there is. It's wonderful for you that you aren't experiencing them, but plenty of us are, and it started at the same time for everyone. I fail to see how thats a problem with an individuals build.

TW3's driver gave me tons of issues. Very frequent crashes. The next release for Heroes of the Storm it got a lot better. Still get them from time to time, but now it's maybe one every 2-3 days instead of multiple times a day. No GPU overclock mind you, and no issues if I roll back drivers.

Hopefully this fixes whatever problem Nvidia brought about.

This has fixed any crashing i've been having while playing GTA 5. So far so good for me.

So far, the only issue is a crash in the installer - however, that did NOT stop the driver installation from completing (over a modded version of the previous driver).

Good news for Kepler (and Fermi) owners that had to resort to modding (as I did); this driver supports most (if not all) of the Kepler and Fermi GPUs that required the modded driver (such as GTX550Ti - which I have). Game settings can be tweaked with GFE again (which wasn't the case with the modded driver). Last - but far from least - this is a Game-Ready (Batman: Arkham Knight) and SIGNED (WHQL for Windows 10) driver.

And people wonder why other peeps stick with Nvidia even despite their bullshit.

Define what YOU mean by BS.

The one thing *I* have been dealing with is frustration in waiting for proper no-mods Fermi support - which this driver solves.

Despite a history of two decades with AMD (and ATI before that) GPUs (my notebooks are split - one AMD GPU and one NVidia GPU), I've had no real reason (except lack of support for Fermi until now) to ding NVidia Forceware (or Catalyst before it (and I still have no reason to ding Catalyst Omega on my notebook - the GPU in it is recent enough to use it)); I didn't move on my desktop due to driver issues - the reason I moved was straight bang-for-buck GPU-wise.

Good news is I haven't had any TDR crashes with this driver, yet. I was even able to increase my overclock and still stay stable. Went from +70 to +100 in AB on the core of my Titan X SC without issue. The previous driver would black screen crash immediately under 3D load if I tried anything higher than +70. So so far, so good with this one for me.

I'm getting all sorts of graphical glitches/screen popping (does that make any sense?) with these new drivers.

XB270HU G-SYNC monitor. 1440p, 27"

Edit: Well here's a new one: SLI: 55 FPS. Single card: 76 FPS. (Arkham Knight, in game benchmark)

Last edited:
My screen glitches out with these new drivers every time I get a toast notification from my IM program or hover over the start button.

Back