Control Your Land Rover With A Cell Phone App

Smartphones are easily hacked. Whoever thought this is a good idea is an idiot.

Nothing quite as brainy as using your ~$200 cell phone to control your ~$50k automobile, is there?...;)

The new weapon of the future. Autonomous cars that are driverless come out of nowhere to mow down intended targets. Perfect for the CIA.

So now it is almost like batman returns with a penguin person controlling my vehicle from an unknown site making me look like an idiot! Great, thanks technology! Still it is pretty cool and hope they thought this one out in terms of safeguards and firewalls. The great rover-firewall, er roverwall! :D

That car parking example would be awesome on any car. It isn't even just Bimmers, in my city they drew the stall spaces smaller than the average width of a car. I have literally unrolled my window and exited Dukes of Hazard style.

Yea, being an engineer I really doubt they can continuously update the car in a meaningful way to prevent the system from being hacked and therefore the risk involved with the system is ridiculous. I cant imagine myself buying a car with this in it yet.

Every day i'm happier with my old tech car then some of these newer cars. I've always considered a laptop dash build but that's still just a solid meh.

That car parking example would be awesome on any car. It isn't even just Bimmers, in my city they drew the stall spaces smaller than the average width of a car. I have literally unrolled my window and exited Dukes of Hazard style.

Except most other cars don't have this, which result in door dings or angry people who can't get in their cars taking it out on your car.

My 97 Benz E320 looks better and better and better EVERY SINGLE DAY with more crap like this out on the market.

I really ought to buy another one from like '01 and just stash it til my '97 dies, and drive it into the ground again.

Only thing I can afford that I'd actually want other than the E320 would be an early 2000's boxster.

$11k for a honda fit '06 with 60k miles ... or $12k for a Porsche Boxster '01 with 49k miles.. hmmmm.. such a hard choice.. NOT.

Back