Unreal Engine 4.8 Release Notes

HardOCP News

[H] News
Unreal Engine 4.8 is now out and, among the 189 changes made to the engine, you'll find support for some really cool stuff like SteamVR/HTC Vive, PlayStation 4 Morpheus VR, a new landscape grass renderer, hierarchical level-of-detail system, a new procedural foliage generator and lots more.

Playing ARK, I have to say this engine looks pretty good, however it requires a modern highend gaming rig to play it with good graphics.

Playing ARK, I have to say this engine looks pretty good, however it requires a modern highend gaming rig to play it with good graphics.

Hark hasn't been optimized at all, that is why the requirements are so high.

ark hasn't been optimized at all, that is why the requirements are so high.

Possibly. I haven't tested the engine by itself. However, their promised "10-30% optimization patch" yesterday was mainly the same as the Unreal Engine 4.8 release notes (LOD slider) and unchecking more tickboxes previously found in the ini config. We will have to wait and see if they optimize it themselves, or continue to push engine updates as their own dev work.

^That being said, I've already gotten my monies worth out of this game :)

Just wanted to update my previous comment.. Ark devs have finally had some gainful in-house optimizations this week. :)

Back