Intel Announces $125M Fund For Startups Run By Women, Minorities

HardOCP News

[H] News
Intel announced today a $125M Diversity Fund to invest in startups run by women and underrepresented minorities.

“We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is fundamental to delivering business results,” said Intel CEO Brian Krzanich. “Our goal with this new fund is to meaningfully support a technology startup workforce more reflective of society, and ultimately to benefit Intel and the broader economy through its success.”

it would be interesting to get the race/gender stats on the layoffs as well.

You never know...perhaps it would actually hurt non-male whities, then so much for the "diversity" narrative.

Good for AMD. With women and underrepresented minorities in key positions at Intel, AMD actually stands a chance.

Your a Minority only if you let yourself be one or want to be one..........please stop using this word on Human Beings............

According to Geohive.com there are 153,139,563 men and 157,244,385 women in the us. I say let the women work and let the men sit back and game.

So much for equality of opportunity. Yay for affirmative action!

Also, #KillAllWhiteMen!

This still won't balance the scales, until we do the right thing and put CIS white male patriarchs to work on cotton plantations. #chopoffwhitepenises

why not just put that 125mil to invite any startup, regardless of sex and race, to them? Oh wait, it would just be filled with a bunch of white and asian men trying to advance our culture as well.

Damn men.

As a middle class white male, I'm offended! Where is Jessie Jackson when you need him?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's actually not a bad idea for a few reasons. With careful selection, Intel could make out quite well scooping up portions of startups from groups of people who often have trouble getting financing. But it also does itself good in positive PR with the public at large (sociopathic online forum trolls excluded).

Could pretty much write a script to automate the posts on any thread with women/minorities/poor people in the title.

I hate these minority deals, not because of the people but in my city in Florida when you do work for the government they force you to hire minority contractors even if they don't have the experience on bigger jobs, the biggest job this company has done was $170,000, this one is a $3 million electrical job, at a major airport and they can't finish it...

Electrical work at an airport, who needs qualified workers?

We got it in the ass on this one

why not just put that 125mil to invite any startup, regardless of sex and race, to them? Oh wait, it would just be filled with a bunch of white and asian men trying to advance our culture as well.
Because Intel Capital already does that. $125 million is a tiny portion of how much Intel invests in startups and other companies every year.

It's like asking, "why isn't there a white history month?" when euro-centric history is taught all year long.

It's like asking, "why isn't there a white history month?".

Because everybody would get their panties bunched up, even some white people.

Why doesn't intel put this money towards people of any creed/color/sex? Because then nobody would make internet posts about it.

I'll never understand why it's OK to lump minorities into programs like this but not OK to give that guy with a crazy beard and a towel on his head at the airport a closer look?

Because Intel Capital already does that. $125 million is a tiny portion of how much Intel invests in startups and other companies every year.
Excellent point, so if AMD were to have a $125M fund for Startups but only white males were allowed to apply, that would be OK?

It's Intel's money, let them do whatever stupid shit will get them the best tax breaks they can.

Excellent point, so if AMD were to have a $125M fund for Startups but only white males were allowed to apply, that would be OK?

No, because their shareholders should revolt since AMD doesn't have $125M to start with.

Meanwhile...

Fortune 500 directors by race, ethnicity and gender
% of U.S. population % of directors % male directors % female directors M/F ratio
Whites (n=3791) 74.6% 87.2% 74.4% 13.3% 5.6 to 1
African Americans (n=293) 13.6% 6.8% 5.3% 1.5% 3.5 to 1
Latinos (n=136) 16.3% 3.1% 2.4% 0.7% 3.4 to 1
Asian Americans (n=104) 5.6% 2.4% 2.0% 0.4% 5 to 1
TOTAL (n=4324) 84.5% 15.5% 5.5 to 1

Clearly, it's totally unfair that anyone else receives targeted assistance. Now, on with your regularly scheduled outrage...

I can't even what your point is supposed to be there. derp?

Why doesn't intel put this money towards people of any creed/color/sex? Because then nobody would make internet posts about it.
I already posted that Intel Capital invests much, much more than than every year for startup and company investments:

Circles, circles, going around in circles.

“We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is fundamental to delivering business results,” said Intel CEO Brian Krzanich.

Mr. Krzanich is an intelligent guy; I have a hard time thinking he believes this politically correct garbage. So we are to believe that females and people with varying skin color that isn't white automatically create an environment that will deliver business results? Didn't MLKjr march and die in an effort to bring about an end to seeing people by the color of their skin?

I really cry for our nation because instead of finally moving past skin color, race, etc and just referring to each other as Americans, humans, etc we are - more than ever before - putting people in an increasing number of categories and identity groups.

Fortune 500 directors by race, ethnicity and gender
% of U.S. population % of directors % male directors % female directors M/F ratio
Whites (n=3791) 74.6% 87.2% 74.4% 13.3% 5.6 to 1
African Americans (n=293) 13.6% 6.8% 5.3% 1.5% 3.5 to 1
Latinos (n=136) 16.3% 3.1% 2.4% 0.7% 3.4 to 1
Asian Americans (n=104) 5.6% 2.4% 2.0% 0.4% 5 to 1
TOTAL (n=4324) 84.5% 15.5% 5.5 to 1

What if white people are just better at those jobs than other races? Maybe they earned their positions without any ridiculous minority handouts?

I can't even what your point is supposed to be there. derp?
That liberals typically will say there is nothing racist about excluding white males from something, but if something were exclusively setup for white males and excluded everyone else they would be burning flags and blocking the streets in protest.

Latina pride = YAY!
White pride = O.M.G, you did not just say that...

Both are the same thing, but they can't understand that. Reason I mention that, is we recently had a latina pride event here where they talked about how latinas have a wonderful culture and unique traits and spirit that set them apart from others to be proud of. Of course, I joked to my buddy what would happen if we had an identical white pride event, talking about the accomplishments of white males and how whites have a culture and unique traits and spirit that sets us apart, how we'd probably be attacked with pitchforks and run out of town as the root of all that is evil and wrong and disgustingly racist.

And regarding "targeted" assistance... its only targeted DISCRIMINATION! Women make up half the population, and all minorities are no longer minorities in every major city (excepting rural America that likely aren't working there for major corporations) but a majority. For example, I live in Houston which is 49% white including hispanic (37% are hispanic any race) so lets say 35% anglo-white, and 51% are female, so 17% are white anglo male.

So you are saying that you are making something available to everyone, except 17% of the population based on their gender and race.

It means that say a white daughter from a multi-millionaire lawyer who grew up with a golden spoon in her mouth can receive money from Intel whereas a white male who grew up with a single mother who was a waitress and receiving Texas Lonestar Card to help feed her kids and scratched his way up from the bottom through hard work can't, because, he has a dick and pale skin. Liberal logic.

Because everybody would get their panties bunched up, even some white people.

I'll never understand why it's OK to lump minorities into programs like this but not OK to give that guy with a crazy beard and a towel on his head at the airport a closer look?

365black.com

That liberals typically will say there is nothing racist about excluding white males from something, but if something were exclusively setup for white males and excluded everyone else they would be burning flags and blocking the streets in protest.

Latina pride = YAY!
White pride = O.M.G, you did not just say that...

Both are the same thing, but they can't understand that. Reason I mention that, is we recently had a latina pride event here where they talked about how latinas have a wonderful culture and unique traits and spirit that set them apart from others to be proud of. Of course, I joked to my buddy what would happen if we had an identical white pride event, talking about the accomplishments of white males and how whites have a culture and unique traits and spirit that sets us apart, how we'd probably be attacked with pitchforks and run out of town as the root of all that is evil and wrong and disgustingly racist.

And regarding "targeted" assistance... its only targeted DISCRIMINATION! Women make up half the population, and all minorities are no longer minorities in every major city (excepting rural America that likely aren't working there for major corporations) but a majority. For example, I live in Houston which is 49% white including hispanic (37% are hispanic any race) so lets say 35% anglo-white, and 51% are female, so 17% are white anglo male.

So you are saying that you are making something available to everyone, except 17% of the population based on their gender and race.

It means that say a white daughter from a multi-millionaire lawyer who grew up with a golden spoon in her mouth can receive money from Intel whereas a white male who grew up with a single mother who was a waitress and receiving Texas Lonestar Card to help feed her kids and scratched his way up from the bottom through hard work can't, because, he has a dick and pale skin. Liberal logic.

The real solution here is we need a new age adolf hitler to round up all the whites and exterminate them all from the united states, then our debt to society will be paid, the minorities happy, the libs accomplished and new great America will take shape.

Could pretty much write a script to automate the posts on any thread with women/minorities/poor people in the title.
Which is pretty indicative of how people are feeling nowadays. I think its a good thing that people are finally seeing through all the nonsense going on.

The real solution here is we need a new age adolf hitler to round up all the whites and exterminate them all from the united states, then our debt to society will be paid, the minorities happy, the libs accomplished and new great America will take shape.

What would really be nice, is a White Strike to give a little taste of that world.

Understand that this obsession with getting women into technology isn't because of equality but because women get paid less. Companies right will do anything to hire women over men to save money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDj_bN0L8XM
Did you watch your own video? Women get paid exactly the same as men when accounting for all variables. In other words, any individual male with the exact same skillset as a female applying for the same job will get the same pay. The "pay gap" of women earning less than men for the same jobs is nonsense, which just looked at the average income for all males in the US vs females as an average, not taking into account males higher average education level, hours worked, applying for higher paying jobs, etc.

So, no, you can't save any money hiring a female for a particular job, especially if that job has few female applicants because said females know that they are rare eggs and desirable for diversification movements that are all the rage now, and so can demand higher salaries due to greater competition for their labor in those fields with shortages of females.

Did you watch your own video? Women get paid exactly the same as men when accounting for all variables. In other words, any individual male with the exact same skillset as a female applying for the same job will get the same pay. The "pay gap" of women earning less than men for the same jobs is nonsense, which just looked at the average income for all males in the US vs females as an average, not taking into account males higher average education level, hours worked, applying for higher paying jobs, etc.

So, no, you can't save any money hiring a female for a particular job, especially if that job has few female applicants because said females know that they are rare eggs and desirable for diversification movements that are all the rage now, and so can demand higher salaries due to greater competition for their labor in those fields with shortages of females.
But women are less likely to ask for a pay raise, and women are more satisfied doing their jobs. Not to mention that everyone in the industry does believe that women get paid less than men. Companies can take advantage of this false information and turn it true. Then turn around and blame it on men.

Why else would the industry be so obsessed with hiring more women in the tech force?

What if white people are just better at those jobs than other races? Maybe they earned their positions without any ridiculous minority handouts?

Not possible. It goes against everything the news and my facebook friends tell me.

That's like saying, "Don't resist arrest and the cops won't beat the shit out of you." Ridiculous right?

Why else would the industry be so obsessed with hiring more women in the tech force?
Because its all part of the current political environment of pressuring for diversity, else you open yourself up as a business leader for attack, and as a company for lawsuits.

What if there's been thousands of years of conflict based on the notion of racial superiority that tends not to end well. Oh wait...

If you're a white male, you're not a minority - at least not in the USA. But if you take into account world populations, then white male's are by far the minority. It's all perspective I guess.

Back