Apple's World Wide Developer Conference

Maybe one day Apple will get a clue and use a reliable universal live stream platform like YouTube, Twitch, etc. Don't understand the point of limiting your announcements to existing customers only. How about potential new customers?

agreed, at least develop a sensible HTML 5 client. I believe the initial Windows 10 announcement (where they showed off the large 10 and holo lense) was a HTML 5 client.

Maybe one day Apple will get a clue and use a reliable universal live stream platform like YouTube, Twitch, etc. Don't understand the point of limiting your announcements to existing customers only. How about potential new customers?

One word: Control

Lock you customers in to your platform, and make it as difficult/expensive as possible for them to take their business elsewhere. Most people only look at the short term costs, so while they may complain about how much a new phone costs, they ignore the long term costs of having to buy another expensive phone every year or 2.

I've lost count of the people I've talked to, who's main reason for buying another iPhone, was due to having their music/pictures/apps already on an Apple device, and no clue on how to move that music or even pictures to another device.

What a terrible Metal demo. It's like people have never seen 3D graphics before. Holy shit you can more objects in 3D :rolleyes:

Same thing always happens every year. New iOS, new OS X, new APIs, rinse repeat.

what would you expect for them to do at their developer's conference? They have set schedules for the big hardware releases and get tons of free coverage from all the separate invites they send out to the press and bloggers for those. The WWDC is their paid access event for developers ... keeping it focused on what would most impact the developer (OS and APIs) seems to make some sense

WWDC isn't for new customers, lmao

Why wouldn't it or to gain back previous customers? Products aren't just about hardware but also software and services and the purpose of WWDC to show direction where Apple is going.

Too bad a lot of it are just rehashes of what other companies have done. Siri contextual stuff is just rehash of Google Now, split screen multitasking only works on 2GB DRAM iPad Air 2 as predicted while Samsung has had it since 2012 on many devices and the other announced stuff are meh.

Why wouldn't it or to gain back previous customers? Products aren't just about hardware but also software and services and the purpose of WWDC to show direction where Apple is going.

Too bad a lot of it are just rehashes of what other companies have done. Siri contextual stuff is just rehash of Google Now, split screen multitasking only works on 2GB DRAM iPad Air 2 as predicted while Samsung has had it since 2012 on many devices and the other announced stuff are meh.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese ... the software industry has often been about copying things that others have done ... the key is to do them best or in the most efficient way, not always to do them first (Microsoft didn't always offer features first but the efficient integration of them into their OS helped cement their dominant position ... Apple doesn't need to be first these days as long as they continue to add features they are okay ;) )

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese ... the software industry has often been about copying things that others have done ... the key is to do them best or in the most efficient way, not always to do them first (Microsoft didn't always offer features first but the efficient integration of them into their OS helped cement their dominant position ... Apple doesn't need to be first these days as long as they continue to add features they are okay ;) )

Sarcasm? Glad Apple followed the industry and is finally fixing that awful on screen keyboard that always show keys with UPPER CASE without caps lock on which is terrible for entering lengthy complex passwords with combination of upper and lower case letters. Have almost thrown my iPad out the window several times. All they need now is a number row on top but I guess that has to wait till iOS 10.

Sarcasm? Glad Apple followed the industry and is finally fixing that awful on screen keyboard that always show keys with UPPER CASE without caps lock on which is terrible for entering lengthy complex passwords with combination of upper and lower case letters. Have almost thrown my iPad out the window several times. All they need now is a number row on top but I guess that has to wait till iOS 10.

It is more a function of getting the OS for free (and why I generally oppose free things since you get what you pay for) ... Apple is in the business to sell people hardware (which is what you actually pay for) ... they use the software side of the business to enable hardware sales so they benefit from adding incrementally to the software rather than putting everything in one massive release ... if we paid for the software (and it was priced at a profitable level) then Apple would have incentive to add lots of features in each release ... with most people on 2+ year hardware upgrade cycles there is an extra strong incentive for Apple to use a Tick-Tock approach and add incrementally to the software until they make some significant hardware upgrade that requires new or enhanced software features ...

Apple also seems to have little interest in dominating the market anymore (they are willing to cede that to Google and Microsoft) ... their primary interest is in maintaining their position as the most profitable player (which is more beneficial to their stock and investors)

El Capitan...wtf?

I posted this in another thread :D

mm558.jpg

But really - this is a mountain/rock-formation in Yosemite National Park, heh.

Do you even know what WWDC stands for (it's in the title) and/or what a developer is?

split screen multitasking only works on 2GB DRAM iPad Air 2 as predicted while Samsung has had it since 2012 on many devices

Unlike Samsung tablets, this will actually work smoothly and have real developers creating software for it.

Its a shame that there's no alternative, but its hard to get on the Android tablet train when the hardware is so second rate and developers don't bother giving it the same attention as iOS because there's no money there.

Back